This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Jared Caprioni

Major: Broadcasting

Twitter/Instagram: @Jaredoe

HCM: What made you interested in attending Montclair State?

JC: I was interested in attending Montclair State University because of a couple of reasons. One was because they offered my desired major which was broadcasting. Finding schools with this major was very difficult but not Montclair! Second was because of the location. Its in the middle of both my home town and my favorite place in the world, NYC. I can go home as much as I want to see my family and friends, and take the train right into the city to spend the day or night their.

HCM: You’re an intern at The Chew. That’s awesome! Tell us how you landed your internship and what your responsibilities are there.

JC: I applied online for ABC’s spring internship program. The Chew ended up calling me asking me to come in for an interview. I went, nailed it, and scored the position. My title at The Chew is a production intern and my responsibilities include assisting the production team before taping and while taping.

HCM: Do you have any advice for students interested in getting an internship like yours?

JC: My advice to everyone looking got an internship like mine is to work as hard as you can to achieve your goals and create a path towards your future. Interning for a company that is an ideal job for you will get your foot in the door and lead to success. The earlier you start this, the better off you will be. 

HCM: You have a fashion blog, Chase Fashion. What do you think are the three most important pieces every guy should have in his wardrobe?

JC: A guys wardrobe should yes, look good, but it should always represent the clothing of a gentleman. If your doing this, you are chasing fashion. But, Chase Fashion would say that the 3 most important pieces would be a white v-neck which can be paired with anything, a pair of denim jeans, and a big watch that will make a statement. 

HCM: What do you plan on doing with your major, and where do you hopefully see yourself in five years?

JC: Although I enjoy fashion, as of right now it is not what I want to concentrate on in the future. With my major which is broadcasting, I plan on becoming apart of a production team for a television show working for a well respected television network preferably the E! Network. In 5 years I see myself living in NYC or LA already employed at a television network working as a host.