Now that the fall semester is here, it’s bittersweet to say goodbye to all the sweet aspects of summer. Long days at the beach, sleeping in, soaking up the sun, and no classes. But just because we have to trade those bikinis for sweaters and flip flops for boots doesn’t mean we have to compromise our summer glow! Here are some tips you can follow to keep that golden glow all throughout the fall and winter!
Lack of sunshine in your life? Try self-tanning!
Self-tanners are a great way to maintain a glow without having to harm your skin from tanning beds or UV rays. There are hundreds of self-tanners on the market, from lotions to sprays; some are gradual and some are instant. Prices of self-tanners usually range from $8-$50 depending on the brand and formula.
The key is finding one that works best for you. Jergens self-tanner has been loved by many for years. It delivers a natural glow gradually, allowing you to work up to your desired tan! There is also a new in shower formula which you can use right after you get out of the shower to save you time. Make sure to prep your skin before tanning by exfoliating and moisturizing to ensure that you will have an even and smooth tan!
- Ask a friend to tan your back and other hard to reach places if you think you won’t be able to reach it. Better safe than sorry!
Need a quick fix? Try spray tanning!
Getting a spray tans is another great and safe option for maintaining sunkissed skin. They are a little more expensive than self-tanners and usually can range anywhere from $20-$50. But they require little to no work from you and usually end up having really great results!
- If you are fair or it is your first time getting a spray tan, try entering the booth that requires you to have the most sessions so that you can achieve a gradual glow instead of skipping to the darkest tan.
Need a little extra glow? Try Bronzer!
Powder and cream bronzers are the most practical way to stay tan when you begin to lose that summer glow. Cream bronzers give a natural glow to the skin, appearing almost as if you are not wearing makeup. Powder bronzers may not be as strongly pigmented as creams, but they still give off the appearance of a natural glow. You can use these products right before you head off to class to achieve that sun kissed glow!
- If you are on a budget or want a more natural bronzer, try a DIY recipe to make your own bronzer!
Some other quick tips:
- Take cold showers and moisturize right after to keep your tan skin hydrated!
- Wear light colored clothing and nail polishes to make your tan pop!
- Always wear sunscreen even in the fall and winter! (Yes, you can still get burnt!)