Hello, Darius Jordan Lee!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Darius Jordan Lee

Year: Sophomore

Major: BFA Musical Theatre/ Concentration in Computer Science

Hometown: Newark, NJ

Collegiettes, meet Darius Lee! Darius is a sophomore at Montclair State University with a major in Musical Theatre and a concentration in Computer Science. Many people know Darius around campus because he is outgoing, extremely friendly and a fantastic listener. Darius has many talents; he can sing, act, dance, and he does a great Bernie Mac impression. On top of that, he’s not too bad in the kitchen! He says that he loves cooking breakfast. With all of this in his bag, it is no surprise that he is a musical theatre major and wants to spread his happiness! Darius tell HC Montclair why he chose to be a musical theatre major, he says, “[Musical theatre] helped me understand myself. It brought joy most of all by touching people out in the audience. I love performing, not just for the thrill it gives me, but for the great experiences and knowledge you get out of it”.

Darius shares a story with HC Montclair about how he loves to tap in his spare time. “I’m obsessed with tap dancing in my spare time. After undergoing an injury in my hips after playing football so much, tap dancing helped me regain my athletic abilities and high energy when doing activities”.  Now the answer to the question I’m sure you all want to know… Darius is unavailable! He tells us that he has a girlfriend right now. This may be unfortunate to the rest of us but, Darius tells HC Montclair what he thinks a perfect date would be and this is guaranteed to make your heart melt. Hey says, “The perfect date to me is when you and your partner are together holding hands, watching a new top selling movie in the theaters, and after you go out to eat to a nice restaurant (no Applebee’s lol), a nice unique spot that will impress the girl.  And then ending the night off with a walk while talking and getting to know the girl better. And if everything goes right, you end the night with a hug and the girl can’t help but say, “I had a wonderful time, we should do this again”. That’s when you know the date was perfect because you didn’t rush anything, you were a gentlemen to the lady and girls love that. You won yourself a new friend that can evolve into a better role in your life”. Now isn’t that sweet?!

In the future, Darius hopes to pursue his acting career on Broadway, television, and in movies. He also wants to help companies with computer security to make sure that he can provide and take care of his family. He will accomplish this by staying disciplined, doing his work, and most importantly, having confidence. Darius tells HC Montclair, “If you really want to do something, you can as long as you put your whole heart into it”. We agree with you 100 percent because it is important to put your whole heart into something that you love! Darius tells us that his biggest supporter is his mother. “My mother right off the bat! I don’t know where I’d be without her”.  Darius says that his mother is absolutely amazing and she has played a major role in his life because she is his mentor. She has been there for him ever since he was born.

Darius has a great future ahead of him and any girl would be lucky to have him in her their life!

Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!