Heather McKillop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Heather McKillop

Age: 23

Hometown: Manahawkin           

Major: Public Relations

Relationship Status: Single

HCM: Why did you choose Montclair State University?

HM: MSU is so close to the city and has a lot of good opportunities. Some of my family went to MSU and are still in the area which I really liked. Also, if I want to go home on the weekends it’s not too far away.

HCM: What do you do on your downtime?

HM: Anything outside! I like to go out with my camera and find cool little niches. I like to cook, craft, and be on Pintrest for way longer than I should.  Most of all though, I love being with family and friends.

HCM: How would you describe your personal style?

HM: Always bouncing back and forth between casual and dressy. Always changing.

HCM: When it comes to guys what stands out to you the most about them?

HM: Defiantly their shoes. It sounds kind of weird but sometimes you can tell what a guy is like by his shoes; if he is athletic, trendy, or laid back.    

HCM: How would you describe the perfect date?

HM: Well, I guess a perfect date can be anywhere as long as you are with the right guy, BUT since you ask, if it is warm, a good surf sess. then maybe food and possibly a concert? Too much to ask for?

HCM: Tell us one thing no one knows about you.

HM: I really can’t stand little kids with sticky hands and messy faces, it really bugs me.

HCM: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Where do you want to be and what do you want to do?

HM: In five years, I hope to have a job working with a non-profit organization and doing lots of traveling.  I want to see the world and live in a lot of different places.  

I'm an eternal optimist, aspiring PR girl, fashionsta and friend. I love my position at Her Campus Montclair. Being Editor-in-Chief has taught me how to manage time, be creative with content, and most of all, how to be an effective leader. I'm currently the social media manager at the New Yorker Hotel and Manhattan Center in NYC. When I was the social media director for HC Montclair, I learned just how incredible being connected with the world could be for any business. Social media has become a part of almost everyone's life. I adore it for all it can do and hope to one day own a social media consulting firm that can go into struggling businesses or start up businesses and help them out.