This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Hailey Mayewski

Halloween 2022 is just around the corner and I’m so excited to see what everyone dresses up as. Here are a few costumes that I personally hope to see this year on the 31st: 

1. Modern Day Disney Princess:

I know, lots of girls were already Disney princesses for Halloween at some point in our lives, however, dressing up as your favorite princess with a modern day twist is so much fun. You can do this costume solo, or get a group of friends and you all can pick a different princess. 

Here are some items I would choose to dress up as modern day Belle: 

A ruffled yellow top

A ruffled yellow skirt

A rose necklace  

1. Max from “Stranger Things” Season Four:

In my opinion, “Stranger Things” and Halloween go hand-in-hand. The spooky vibes from the show match the energy of the holiday perfectly. Not only was Max a critical character this season, but her outfit and props depict so much from season five and the 80s as a whole. 

What you’ll need:

Undershirt and light blue windbreaker 

Dark wash jeans

Red high top Vans

Walkman 

Over ear headphones  

Optional: Fake blood to drip from eyes 

1. Wanda Maximoff from “WandVision” Episode Six (Halloween episode): 

Feel free to portray Wanda in any of her on-screen costumes. However, I personally prefer her “Halloween” costume. It fits the theme and closely resembles her original suit in the comics. If you want to feel like a powerful girlboss, this costume is for you. 

What you’ll need: 

Red bodysuit

Pink tights 

Red gloves

Red boots

Red Cape 

Head piece 

-Optional: Super Powers ( Not sure where to buy those;) )

1. Harry Styles:

Harry is known for his eccentric style choices. While I would personally love to dress up in all of his outfits, I think the outfit from the “Fine Line” album cover works as a fantastic Halloween costume. Any fan of his will be able to tell who you are in an instant. 

What you’ll need:

Pink top

White wide leg pants 

Black shoes

Pink suspenders 

1. Rosie The Riveter:

In today’s social climate, it’s important that us girls stick together. Rosie symbolizes strength and girl power, and I would love to see lots of girls dress up as this iconic female character this year especially.  

What you’ll need:

Denim button down shirt

Denim jeans 

-Red bandana 

-Black boots

Hailey Mayewski

Montclair '23

Hailey Mayewski is a Junior, journalism major at Montclair State University. She is excited to be a new member of Her Campus Montclair.