Fun Hobbies to Try Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Looking for a new hobby? Here are some fun activities to try based on your Zodiac sign!

Aries- Fitness/Working Out

Aries are known for being strong and determined people who aren’t afraid of a challenge, and working out is a great way to stay motivated. If you’re looking for a productive way to pass time, try lifting weights, using the treadmill or looking up some workout videos.

Taurus- Cooking/Baking

Tauruses tend to be foodies, and there are many easily accessible recipes out there for every type of food. Whether you’re an experienced cook or you’ve never tried cooking or baking before, have some fun and give it a try!

Gemini- Board or Video Games

Geminis often have outgoing personalities, so board games can be a fun way for you to connect with family and friends. Video games can also be good for when you’re in a quieter mood. Have fun getting your (board/video) game on, Geminis!

Cancer- Writing/Journaling 

Cancers are typically sweet and can be sensitive. Writing stories, articles, poetry or diary/journal entries can be a great way for you to express your thoughts and feelings.

Leo- Singing/Acting/Dancing/Playing an Instrument

If you’re a Leo, you know you’re a queen! Let your bold personality shine through one (or more) of these performing arts. Even if you don’t plan on performing in front of an audience, it’ll still be fun to learn.

Virgo- Puzzles/Word Searches/Crossword Puzzles 

Virgos tend to be perfectionists and love a job well done. Your intelligent sign will enjoy stimulating the brain through these challenging activities. 

Libra- Yoga/Meditation

Libras love a calm, balanced mindset and yoga or meditation is the perfect way to get there. It’s also great for reducing stress and good for both your mental and physical health.

Scorpio- Decorating/Interior design

A Scorpio is considered to be mysterious and interesting and isn’t known to be the loudest person in the crowd. Since your sign is charming but can be on the more private/quiet side, you most likely enjoy having your own space. So make that space look great by decorating it to be exactly how you’d like!

Sagittarius- Photography

As one of the most free-spirited signs, Sagittarii love a good adventure and what better way to document your adventures than through pictures? Even if you’re not going anywhere exciting, you can use photography to further explore your own home, backyard or street. Anywhere can be a great setting for a photoshoot if you get creative with it!

Capricorn- Reading

Capricorns are known for being exceptionally hard-working and ambitious, so you’ll need a hobby that’ll help you relax in your limited free time. Reading books, stories, articles, blogs or magazines can be an excellent way to relax while still keeping your brain active. (I’m a Capricorn and reading is one of my favorite hobbies!)

Aquarius- Crafting

Aquarius personalities can have a pretty wide range from outgoing to introverted but tend to be caring and independent, and crafting includes a wide range of activities from scrapbooking to sewing to beading. There’s a craft out there for every Aquarius and these crafts can be great gifts for friends and family.

Pisces- Drawing/Painting/Coloring

If you’re a Pisces, you’re probably a dreamer with a great imagination. Art is a fun way for you to escape reality and express your imagination!

Hopefully, these suggestions have you feeling inspired to pick up a fun new hobby! But please note, most people do not follow every single characteristic of their sign, and signs tend to have some overlapping traits. So if you think any of these hobbies sound fun, give them a try even if they’re suggested for another sign!

Zoe Nolz

Montclair '21

Zoe is a student at Montclair State University. She is the current Fashion and Beauty Editor for Her Campus Montclair. When she is not in class or doing work, you can catch her hanging with friends, shopping, writing, watching movies, drinking smoothies, just chilling or off on an adventure!
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.