galentine's day party
galentine's day party
Krista Stucchio

Five Things To Do With Your Besties On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Many people see Valentine’s Day as simply a day for couples. To me, Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love, including platonic love. It’s not only a day for couples, but it’s also a day where you can show your friends how much you love them. Here are some activities that you can do with your friends on Valentine’s Day!

1. Movie Night and Takeout

Get together, order food and watch as many movies as you want! Since it’s Valentine’s Day, and I love romcoms, I’d recommend watching rom-coms with your besties (I love watching the “To All the Boys” movies around this time). However, you all might want to forget about all the lovey-dovey stuff on Valentine’s Day. There are so many other movies to watch, like Marvel or horror movies. Pick a few, order whatever you all feel like eating and have fun!

1. Cupcake Wars

Do you remember the show, “Cupcake Wars”? Bakers would go head-to-head in three rounds to create their best cupcakes for the judges. Well, why not have a cupcake war (with one round) with your friends? Baking can be so much fun, and you can even choose a theme. If you want to embrace the Valentine’s Day spirit, you can have the challenge of creating the best Valentine’s Day-themed cupcake. However, you can also do the opposite and make anti-Valentine’s Day cupcakes. One person in the group can be the judge. Get any ingredients you think you’ll need and get together in someone’s kitchen to put all your baking skills to the test!

1. Karaoke Night

I’ll always think of karaoke as a great activity to do with friends, no matter what the occasion. It doesn’t matter if you’re the next Ariana Grande or if you’re off-key. The goal of karaoke is to sing for fun. Maybe you’re ready to scream the lyrics to a breakup song. You could do a challenge of only singing songs that aren’t romantic. Or you can find the most romantic songs of all time and sing them together. Karaoke can be really fun, especially once you just let go and sing as much as you want. Everyone get together, whether it be at a karaoke lounge or someone’s house, sing your hearts out!

1. Sip and Paint

This is another fun activity to do with friends! Make some of your favorite drinks, set up an area for painting and put on some calming music. This gives you all the chance to relax and catch up with one another as you paint whatever you want to paint. Grab some canvases, paints and your favorite drinks to make this a relaxing night where you get to let your creativity shine!

1. Gift Exchange

This is something that my friends and I did in high school. It’s like Secret Santa: each of us had to pick out a name and give that person a gift on Valentine’s Day. No one knew who had who until the day came. We’d each receive our gifts and then go out to eat later. It was a nice tradition that we had, and I think it’ll be fun for you and your friends too! 

These are only some things that you can do with your friends, and there are other things that you all can do. It’s a day where you can celebrate how much you all love each other, so do whatever activity is the most fun for you all and have a happy Valentine’s Day!

Selena is a senior majoring in Communication & Media Studies. She loves books, watching TV shows, makeup, social media, and writing.