This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Father’s Day is a celebration for our fathers and the role they take on in society. It’s also a very important day to anyone who takes on the role of being a father to us. With Father’s Day approaching, it’s never too early to start planning on what to get our father figures on their very special day. With them being very important to us, they deserve recognition and some nice gifts to remind them how much they mean to us! 

Below are a few gift ideas I thought of that our dad or father figures might enjoy!:

1. Favorite Restaurant:

If your dad or father figure loves food, then I suggest taking them out to their favorite restaurant to enjoy the delicious food there. Being able to celebrate as a family to treat our dads or father figures by taking them out to a restaurant is a great way to show them how much they mean to us!

2. Technology:

Another great gift idea is technology! Many of our dads or father figures love tech, so consider purchasing them a device they’ll be able to use in their everyday life, such as a Smartwatch, iPad, iPhone or even a gaming console if they love to play video games in their free time. 

3. Accessories and Jewelry:

If Father’s Day shopping is a little tricky for you, you can’t go wrong with buying personalized jewelry such as necklaces, chains, bracelets, rings, or even watches they’ll cherish forever! Many jewelry brands have a specific Father’s Day collection with beautiful pieces of jewelry specifically for our dads and father figures!

4. Gift Card:

By purchasing a gift card, it offers our dads and father figures the opportunity to be able to shop wherever they decide. Gift cards come in a variety of brands and offer a great selection of popular stores our dad and father figures will enjoy going to. 

If they’re a music lover, consider purchasing them a gift card for their favorite music subscription such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and so much more! 

If they love shopping, consider purchasing them a gift card to their favorite clothing store or favorite store in general so they could use it for their next shopping trip!

5. Having Quality Time With Them:

Keep in mind, the most important gift of all is spending time with our dads or father figures on their very special day. They’ll appreciate you for spending quality time with them and they’ll most likely just look forward to spending time with you. A few ideas I recommend for spending time together is simply going to the park, going on a hike, having a picnic or barbecue, enjoying a movie, or even watching a game together! I’m sure whatever you chose to do, they’ll still be happy to have had the opportunity to spend time with you. 

Always remember the most important gift of all is spending quality time with our fathers or father figures on their special day. It’s the day to give them the recognition they deserve for all the hard work they do, especially to those who play both parental roles! Make them feel special by spending time with them and reminding them how much they mean to you. By showing them some love on Father’s Day, it’ll mean the world to them.

With that being said, Happy Father’s Day to all the lovely fathers and figure fathers out there!

Andrea is a Social Media and Public Relations undergraduate student at Montclair State University. Her passions include creating content, writing, graphic design, traveling, and spending time with her family. She hopes to work in the world of public relations, become an influencer, writer, editor, social media coordinator, and simply express her creativity through her work.
Tara Byrne

Montclair '21

Tara is 22 years old and a senior at Montclair State majoring in fashion studies with a minor in business. She loves keeping up with pop culture and catching up on her Youtube subscriptions. Tara mostly writes fashion, beauty, and lifestyle pieces for Her Campus. She is the current President and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Montclair. In addition, she is a Co-Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Montclair.