Fashion Flashback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Fashion Flashback

Fashion, while ever changing, is typically inspired from past trends. Some fashion trends, like the LBD, never go out of style but other great trends slowly fade away. Currently, floral prints and high waists are some vintage trends that we’ve given their own modern day spin to fit into our everyday wardrobes. Here are some trends that I think should be brought back to life!

Pearls and simple jewelry

We all love big statement necklaces and colorful bangles, but sometimes it’s best to keep it classy and pair a beautiful dress with a chic pearl necklace. This timeless piece makes more of a statement than you think, and deserves to still be a fashion staple in every woman’s jewelry box.

Simply Stunning Dresses

Rather than wearing dresses with low-cut necklines and high hemlines, why not draw more attention to yourself by wearing a classy dress with beautiful embellishments! Dresses like this one worn by Daisy in The Great Gatsby are eye-catching and will portray the sophisticated college woman you really are.

Bright Colors

Don’t be afraid to go all out like Samantha Jones! This 1990’s blonde bombshell always surprised us with her stunning outfits, like this head-to-toe red number that portrayed her confidence. Find the color that compliments your hair and skin tones best, and run with it!

Mary Jane Shoes

These understated beauties have been making a bit of a comeback lately and I couldn’t be happier! Mary Janes are the perfect pair to any outfit, whether it’s a simple skirt and shirt combo or a beautiful dress with chic jewelry. These pumps are also a lot more comfortable than most!

Those are the four trends that I think should make their way back into our closets and stay in our wardrobes for a while! What vintage trends would you love to see more of?

My name is Kelly, I'm a senior at Montclair State. I'm an English major with a minor in journalism.
Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!