Style

Empowering & Inspiring: College Fashion Week NYC 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Every second of College Fashion Week was absolutely fabulous, but it was so much more than just cute outfits and free makeup. The whole event was focused on female empowerment and I left feeling beyond inspired!

When we first entered, we saw a whole station run by Sabre devoted to women’s safety. They had pepper spray, kits and important tips on being prepared for potentially dangerous situations. Only in 2018 would you find a self-defense station at a fashion show!

One of my favorite parts of the whole experience was the “The Future is Female” room. This photo op was not just about bright smiles, but bright futures! This was a running theme throughout the night.

The fashion show was one of the most diverse yet. College girls of various races, shapes and sizes were featured on the runway and I thought that was amazing. The event was all about encouraging positive body image and self-love. The #realrunway is the best kind of runway! This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life and I walked out feeling like a real #ladyboss.

Zoe Nolz

Montclair '21

Zoe is a student at Montclair State University. She is the current Fashion and Beauty Editor for Her Campus Montclair. When she is not in class or doing work, you can catch her hanging with friends, shopping, writing, watching movies, drinking smoothies, just chilling or off on an adventure!
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.