Books That Will Change Your Life Without a Doubt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Fall is upon us, which only means cozier days to stay in. Especially when sometimes it’s hard to find things to do during this pandemic. One of the best things to do on those days you feel like just staying in all cozy up in your warm clothes is to grab a book and read your day away. Now the thing is you may not know which book to start reading, don’t you worry I got you girl! Below are some of my favorite books that have without a doubt changed my life for the better. It made me have a completely different mindset of life, and feel better about myself in ways I thought was impossible. 

You Are A Badass By Jen Sincero 

You Are A Badass is one of those books that changes your mindset about life and how you will live your life. Sincero helps her readers become self-aware and figure out what they truly want in life. She persuades her readers to not worry about other people’s opinions and rather focus their life on the thing they know that will make them truly the happiest. If you are planning to start your book journey I advise you to start off with You Are A Badass first. 

The Power of Now By Eckhart Tolle 

The Power of Now is a book that is intended to be a guide for your day-to-day living. For those who are looking for some guide to life in their daily life, this book is the one for you. Tolle focuses on helping his readers to stress the importance of living in the present moment and disregard those thoughts about the past or future. The Power of Now is one of those books that will also change your mindset for the better. 

When Things Fall Apart By Pema Chödrön 

When Things Fall Apart is one of those books that gives you solid advice when things are rough in your life. It helps you in dealing with those rough times in life where nothing really seems to be going your way. The advice that Chödrön provides is the type of advice you will carry by your side and you won’t even notice that it ended up leaving a mark for the better. 

The Self-Love Experiment By Shannon Kaiser 

The Self-Love Experiment book is one of those books that help those people who have a hard time accepting themselves for who they truly are. This book provides readers with fifteen principles for becoming more kind, compassionate and accepting yourself as well. These fifteen principles help you become more accepting of yourself, which is super helpful for the relationships you have around you. Kaiser provides her readers with a simple guided plan that helps you with going through the process of having those fear-based thoughts in your life vanish. Instead, you rather will fall in love with your life and your true self. 

woman reading a book on a window seat
Photo by Yuri Efremov from Unsplash

I hope one or all of these books will truly change your life for the better. Without a doubt, these books can change your mindset of life and are able to view life through a different lens. Happy reading ladies! Xoxo- Kyra 

Kyra Reyes

Montclair '23

Kyra Reyes is a senior at Montclair State University, she is majoring in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Business Administration. She is currently an Events Director at Her Campus Montclair. Kyra is passionate in writing and with her articles she hopes to share a little bit of her knowledge. Because she is so dedicated to social media you can trust her to keep you in the loop with the new fashion trends and go-to styles in every editorial. Her interests includes social media, event planning, and spreading a little love around Her Campus. In her free time you can find her testing out new makeup trends, latest hot foodie spots, and talking to her boo.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.