This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

When life gives you lemons, give the lemons back and ask for cookies. What better way is there to treat yourself than with a delicious cookie? If you’re looking for the best cookies on campus look no further, I’ve already done all the work for you. This article will rate the cookies by taste, texture and location on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best!

Au Bon Pain

Cookie: English Toffee

Taste: 5/5

Texture: 4.5/5

Location: 4/5 

Not only is this cookie delicious, the texture is nearly perfect, with crunchy edges and a soft chewy middle. The only downside is the toffee bits that will no doubt be stuck in your teeth, but in all honesty, this is completely and totally worth it.

Au Bon Pain

Cookie: Chocolate Chip

Taste: 4/5 

Texture: 3.5/5

Location: 4/5 

While unfortunately not as delectable as it’s english toffee counterpart, the ABP chocolate chip comes in very close in terms of desserts at this location. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still definitely delicious and you can never go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie, but if you’re in Cafe Diem and looking to choose, I would definitely go for the english toffee, if I were you.

California Tortilla

Cookie: Chocolate Chip

Taste: 3/5

Texture: 2.5/5

Location 5/5

Relatively mediocre, this is a cookie you should only grab if you’re desperate for dessert and on the run. While California Tortilla has some great things going for it (that mango salsa? Delicious!), the sweets department is not one of them. 

Student Center Café

Cookie: M&M

Taste: 3.5/5

Texture: 4.5/5

Location: 5/5

Great if you’re on the go and want something sweet, the M&M cookie at the Student Center Café is pretty big and therefore not for those who get full easily. If you have the time, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to make the chocolate melt and enhance your overall cookie-eating experience.

Which Wich

Cookie: Peanut Butter

Taste: 5/5

Texture: 5/5

Location: 4/5 

Hands down one of the best cookies on campus, this cookie is not only served warm, it has a delicious fresh baked taste and a fantastic crunch and chewy combo of a texture. With peanut butter chips that just melt in your mouth, this cookie wins.

Because you can never have too many delicious cookie options, another great one from Wich Wich is…

Cookie: Chocolate Chip

Taste: 4/5 

Texture: 5/5

Location: 4/5

In close competition with the peanut butter and english toffee, this cookie is a great option for those with nut allergies. Just like the peanut butter, this cookie is served warm, and therefore has a nearly perfect texture. The taste is great, but falls just short of the two previously mentioned.

Sources: 1, 2, 3

Ciarra is a senior fashion student with a penchant for style and technology. She can never say no to a cup of tea and a good book. In her spare time, she enjoys cupcakes, writing, and 3D printing. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @lefthvnded
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.