5 Fun Fall Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

In the words of John Mayer, “Here comes the cold, break out the winter clothes and find a love to call your own.” As another sun soaked season fades away, it’s time to settle down, and hopefully with a great guy! As girls, we love dates, and we especially love the kinds we see in chick flicks. Switch back to reality, and the truth is most guys hate planning. Why not surprise your cutie and plan your dream date, collegiettes? Don’t think the cold only entails hot chocolate and staying in; you may not have anymore beach days filled with boardwalk activities and catching waves, but fall brings just as much fun! Here are five fun date ideas for all types of couples:

1. Pumpkin Picking. When I think of fall, I picture Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but most importantly, pumpkins! Fields of pumpkins waiting to be picked, carved and painted. Why not go pumpkin picking with your date? Farms View in Wayne, NJ is approximately 15 minutes away from Montclair’s campus. Their pumpkin picking season starts the last weekend of September and runs through October. If you want to explore your inner child, hayrides are also offered on the weekends.
  2. Rock Climbing. Not the type to go pick pumpkins? Switch the calm date for an exciting one! Rock climbing improves your cardiovascular health, increases muscle tone, and causes weight loss! Rock Gym is perfect for your rocking climbing date and is only 15 minutes from our campus. Monday is “college night” there where college students (22 and under climb) for $6.50.
  3. Football Game. You can’t say no to a football game this time of the year! what guy will asy no to football? Metlife Stadium is about 20 minutes away from campus. Tickets can be pricey if you don’t plan ahead, so try splitting the price of both tickets if you do decide to attend.
  4. Fun Dinner. If you like the traditional dinner and a movie but want a new ambiance check out Cuban Pete’s. Cuban Pete’s is located on Bloomfield Avenue in Montclair, NJ – roughly 10 minutes away from campus. All of their waiters are dressed in matching fedoras and button downs! They have the best Cuban food in town. Make sure you bring a bottle of wine since they are BYOB.
  5. Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth. If you want to forget about dinner and skip straight to desert what better place than to take your date to never ending fondue! The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant, located in Hoboken, NJ, is approximately 20 minutes away from campus. You can indulge in fresh strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, rice krispies treats, marshmallows, pound cake and brownies with your choice of many chocolate fondues.

Photo Source:
http://adrift-on-a-sailboat.tumblr.com/