Style > Fashion

10 Halloween Costumes that will be a total HIT this year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

The countdown for Halloween is on! As its time rolls around the corner, everyone’s shopping carts start to get filled with a range of different colors and fabrics of Halloween costumes. Most costumes draw from a range of inspiration, from TV and movie characters to iconic celebrity fashion moments. We’re here to save you from scrambling to put together an outfit and help you plan accordingly. To make this Halloween fun and enjoyable! Here are 10 Halloween costumes that will be a hit this fall!

1. Puss in Boots

The lovable and hilarious cat from the movie trilogy, I believe, will be a hit this year and something new! His great adventures from the screen should inspire you to explore new, unique costumes to wear.

G1EF0PaIAnKWGd1VSet5GP6rmYxDXKDbhUFIILmSxA82EXyuZfYJZN36mchJ3fkeLoMBOabn9Bw1hYt 9e8GhD4cc2UMPUEjl7 by4uOZk2LzMcR9OFhk 3OM2xRQzpNT8looozY mYbzLNfEYvVEzI

2. Ladybug

Be everyone’s good luck on the 31st by dressing up as the cutest bug. We all have that red dress in our closet that can use attention. The only necessary items are ladybug wings and black headband antennas. Then you’re all set for the night!

OtBEqTncrl XnkOKdvzEQklG3CmFTkEW9eClMwJLhLwkPJ qWx4zGRc7jIKj4y2SUwQSi5AuQcQlUk re9yfeTUdjFmf 5GHytZL6oNfYGpHrT9HhschNbYOaZjdT79T1 4drFh3Fj230oTr64AizAc

3. Carrie

A classic take on the horror movie character Carrie with the iconic pink dress and “prom queen” sash. A balance between scary and cute and iconic! There’s a reason why, since 1967, the costume has always stuck around. Be prepared to be the best dressed on Halloween night!

cQfYBSYn3aPAvHBenY2WIfIUJoSNbLhqRWNsGlREOC1gDUq1xVR x2iGuo P3IRKyTU7dFlbHTbyUPw7lu lTZqnjG7vCyYaHMFF6xf9u

4.Barbie

The extraordinary film Barbie, directed by Greta Gerwig, has dominated our screens since its release on July 21st, and we predict that on Halloween, you’ll be hearing a lot of “Hi Barbie!” The accessories that will make this Halloween costume a standout are the cowboy hat and cowboy boots!

ujxxqdOhO7sxOtg pCqnAFZb7G3MKhutUvtxo3H 0KnFnm03RaYUXYDNPAB5WsY5gPKQo4jRtdZMdF B5MgRWIKwxK9 0inCjt6amw76WIg8 yhb18vXl9sE3MAHTGTu9fcH1ukeh 2Xi7d7QbotKs0

5. Ariel from “The Little Mermaid”

Halle Bailey had us enthralled with her performance of The Little Mermaid. Reviving the classic Disney princess Ariel. You get to purchase beautiful accessories such as pearls and seashells; the possibilities to make this costume your own are endless!

cyhhpy0c5x4ZJDZCW MLW5 AwVxl1VcxpNYvykLnmwH0pe0a78dbgf3Q98B7isAZdr2JqCGTKiJoFt8T6fY9RPWHdgFan1UkK

6. Vampire

There’s nothing wrong with a classic staple! The scary creature that comes to mind when you think of Halloween. Everyone always looks amazing as a vampire, and the black and red color scheme always looks good!

w0cZQ0W2jxeiAjtczgoFN9BWngo2fcs 2aT4KC904yYdcp3Y6 8mMbG3I 3JqHDO1khFjoG te94QzPzvJr01lfYbRrQrxA3evdOWLyN T5yD9U6 OC4tGzr1 aN52dZ DSy4qAS1NUbUzfLeatAeS4

7. Race Car Driver

If you’re looking for something simple and unique, this is the one! You can find the race car driver suit on Amazon, and that’s all that you need! If you’re looking for more to accessorize, a race car jacket is a few types away on Google and then you’re set!

NIeixbKNYtoxx6g42AE fHBPuFv8EjxEEKpkVbRsxmiR5KYKT140xuPWlgBDJe DhHlZdWblnypXOu 8qRB3YLjrJcMNzgBOV78f zs85x9xssEzvDDoW2C9Yp0K i2fpRLvrmmvDiokn uMcSmCUdk

8. Suki from “Fast and Furious”

To keep up with the race car theme, Suki, played by Devon Aoki, the race car driver introduced to us in “2 Fast 2 Furious”. This costume offers an easy DIY Halloween character. The hardest part will be creating the pants, but if that’s too much, Dollskill has an amazing dupe for the costume.

J7PLT9Tu2kIpUMTcTncjucLNIsHKwddLvA39wWUNbFxtyAZTo7VAIwthFcT3VI OrXfFvAEeodkJoregyJ2QC 80ZgKbhMX7rq SM2zwyJKlA6W4uGAj 4jR7T7Id1g JlKPXhrP7Uh0IV1BWgWQS 4

9. Remy Ratatouille

The adorable character from Ratatouille will not only be a totally unique character but will also add staples to your closet. A gray skirt and white corset are all you need. The only thing you have to add are mouse ears!

cwp4qmUpT4chiz6GiTqlqdwfV53MTMHGSziwho2JzXS3EdT7gPPg30x5lsxXQ9L2TS3E2mUgzq7YAn4t ZeUj t9L2snsXXE ol90tQsMjpL3DysLApXbvq7zUzcESAtQU3qY06K2R3tN5VuyqhE97w

10. Jigsaw

A twist on the scary Halloween character will have you relieved that the only necessary factor is red face paint. Otherwise, look in your closet, and you’ll find the black clothing items that make this costume a staple piece!

1hBeX8zXJ3V Xykzz4hsFml087ifjST1lny5djrdqESK8aOFUkma6NmzL5igcuK6NpA3IOESYdfyQmpXdVL4vDgwA7yDmUzO3PRtGGNgayZQIMm RMusedKiEwI4CsgGZejhfK9jPQrqssKQDd1rPR0

No matter what you decide to be this Halloween, we hope you have fun and remain safe! Be sure to show us your Halloween looks on Instagram!

Hi, my name is Isabella I'm 19 years old I go to Montclair State University and I am an English major. I love reading and currently am reading "Lucky" by Marissa Stapley. I love all things fashion as well and am currently binging Gilmore Girls to get me excited for fall.