This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Major: Classics

Hometown: Littleton, Colorado

What is your favorite thing to do outside of school?

Kayaking, free-style kayaking in (big-water) rivers and creeks, I do it because it’s an adrenaline rush and because it gets you away from the distractions of normal life and gives you more of an intimate relationship with recreation and the outdoors. My favorite place to kayak is on the Lochsa river. 

If you were given the chance to live anywhere outside of the United States for a year, where would it be?
Delphi, Greece. When you spend as long as I have learning about one of the most sacred and spiritual places on the planet you kind of develop an obsession as if you’d lived there already without having been there physically. 

Is there any class that you’ve taken in your major that you would recommend to younger students?
Tragedy. It’s MCLG 252. If you take tragedy it gives you a huge background in anything from figures in Shakespeare to Renaissance to Modern Literature and it really gives you a deeper understanding of humanity and how the ancients saw human interaction.

What is your favorite place in Missoula to get a drink or meet friends for food?Charlie B’s and their food at the Dinosaur Café

What would your dream job be?
My dream job would honestly be to run an organization similar to World Class Kayak Academy, just because it would combine my passion of kayaking with my passion of educating kids in a completely different environment than the classroom.

Alyse is a senior at the University of Montana with a journalism major. She was born and raised in the small town of Dillon, Montana. When not busy with school, Alyse likes to enjoy the beautiful mountains of Montana. In addition to volunteering with Her Campus, Alyse also volunteers at the YWCA by leading support groups for domestic violence and sexual assualt survivors. After graduation, Alyse wants to explore the field of journalism in a warm and sunny climate.