body images 2019 12 23 Screen20Shot202019 12 2320at202071920PMpng?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 12 23 Screen20Shot202019 12 2320at202071920PMpng?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Thoughts about The Mandalorian Season 2 Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

WARNING: This post contains major spoilers from The Mandalorian season 2, episode 1.

After months of anticipation, the wait is finally over. The Disney+ original series has made its return with an action-packed and surprising season two premiere.

Since this is my favorite show, I watched the episode the morning it dropped on the streaming service; I woke up early so I could witness the perfection that is The Mandalorian. All I have to say is that I was not disappointed and the surprise reveal at the end had me shook to my core.

The beginning was so classic, following Mando and Baby Yoda as they begin another journey together. The new mission the two must follow through with is seeking out other Mandalorians that can help Din Djarin find Baby Yoda’s family.

Something that will never leave my mind is Mando saying, referring to Baby Yoda, “Wherever I go, he goes.” That line alone is something that can be so personal to me. I love that so much because it shows how much Mando cares for Baby Yoda and genuinely wants him to be safe. 

My favorite duo in all of Star Wars, no doubt about that!

The moment I was shocked at was when Timothy Olyphant showed up – I completely forgot Olyphant was going to be in the show, but it is such a great addition to the show. He plays Cobb Vanth, also known as The Marshal of Tatooine. The first thing I noticed when he entered the scene was the armor he was wearing – it was Boba Fett’s armor. I love Boba Fett so seeing the armor was so special. 

He got the armor after trading crystals with Jawas – Mando is not too happy to see him with the armor, so he tries to take it from Vanth. Eventually, the two come to a compromise; Cobb Vanth will hand over the armor to Mando if he helps him kill a krayt dragon that is wreaking havoc on Tatooine. Now, I am such a nerd for dragons so this was amazing. It made me even happier than I was because to me, a dragon popping up in a show is just *chef’s kiss.*

The two team up with a group of Tusken Raiders and defeat the krayt dragon. This sequence had me on the edge of my seat, and the way Mando took initiative in the finale of the fight was incredible. I missed seeing him in action!

Baby Yoda didn’t do much this episode, but he was and still is the cutest creature in the history of Star Wars. I love him and he must be protected at all costs.

Anyways, at the end of the episode, Mando takes the armor and speeds away with Baby Yoda. The camera pans out to a different area, in which a man is standing and watching. Similarly to the reveal of Baby Yoda in the series premiere, this reveal was HUGE. When he turned around, my jaw dropped to the floor.

The man in the scene is portrayed by Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett in the prequel trilogy films. The first thing that came to mind is that he is going to play Boba Fett, which I am almost certain is right. My biggest question is: How did he survive his supposed death in the Sarlacc Pit?!

Overall, this episode blew my mind. Of course, I should’ve been prepared for a surprise at the end, but I was not expecting this. I need answers!

I hope you all tune in for the second season – Disney+ will release new episodes of The Mandalorian every Friday, so be on the lookout!

Allison is 21 years old and currently a senior at Monmouth University. She is an English major and hopes to enter a career in digital content writing or social media marketing. She loves all things pop culture - tv shows, movies, music, beauty, and more!