Every Evan Peters ‘AHS’ Character Ranked From Worst To Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I love American Horror Story. Although I wasn’t old enough to watch the anthology series when it premiered, I did binge the first few seasons once I was of age. This show was my first taste of horror and now I can’t get enough. Let’s face it, I’m a horror fanatic. 

Well, back to AHS. One of the most popular actors on the show is Evan Peters. Ugh, I’m swooning just writing his name! Evan Peters is one of my favorite actors – he gives it his all in every performance. I begin to grow bored in quarantine, I decided to rewatch the first season: Murder House. It’s definitely a nostalgic experience for me, so I decided to think about the diverse range of characters Peters has played so far. As a result, I ranked his characters from worst to best. Check them out below!

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Her Campus, Her Campus Monmouth University, or Monmouth University.

16. Jeff Pfister, Apocalypse

He is straight-up the WORST. I don’t even know what to say other than he is a horrible human being. I mean, c’mon, he wanted the world to end and sold his soul for it. Goodbye, thank u next. He’s disturbing and annoying.

15-10. Various Leaders, Cult

This is definitely Evan’s strongest season, as he went through hell and back to portray numerous leaders throughout several decades. The leaders Peters took on: Jesus, Andy Warhol, Marshall Applewhite, David Koresh, Jim Jones, and Charles Manson. Jesus is Jesus, but moving on, the rest are either complete jerks or real-life cult leaders that were responsible for hundreds of deaths of a large number of people. 

9. Rory Monahan, Roanoke

This was the first season I started watching the show live, and to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I couldn’t wait to see Evan Peters in his prime, tackling the best of the best and showcasing his incredible talent. Honestly, there isn’t much to say about Rory because he was in the season for about five minutes… despicable. Although, I can say

that he was pretty arrogant and only cared about fame post-My Roanoke Nightmare.

8. Edward Philipe Mott, Roanoke

Mott was ehh. Though we should be excited that he was open about his relationship with his boyfriend in the 1700s, we aren’t. He owned slaves and treated them cruelly, even going as far as locking his slaves in the root cellar for an act they did not commit. His ghost did help out in the end, but it’s not enough to forget all he’s done.

7. Kyle Spencer, Coven

Poor Kyle, he seemed like such a nice guy. However, in his post-death life, he wasn’t so nice. He can barely speak or think, but he sure can kill. Essentially, he becomes a monster, killing the iconic Madison Montgomery… sad.

6. Mr. Gallant, Apocalypse

Mr. Gallant seems like my kind of guy… just ignore that he murdered his grandmother (yikes!) Ok, I know that sounds bad, but he was tricked into doing that by Michael Langdon aka the Antichrist. Anyways, Mr. Gallant definitely wasn’t a bad person. Personally, I think this was Evan’s most creative character; he’s become one of my favorites, even though he wasn’t there for long.

5. Jimmy Darling, Freak Show

I feel so sad because Jimmy is surrounded by such a horrible environment. From the start of his life, Jimmy was condemned by cold-hearted parents and his lobster hands. However, he makes it work and actually turns out to be a pretty likable guy. 

4. Kai Anderson, Cult

What. A. Monster. This season definitely allowed Evan to step into the spotlight, but it’s my least favorite. I was dreading watching it every week, but I stuck it out solely for Evan. I was so excited to see him as a clear-cut antagonist and he did not disappoint. Overall, he is a disgusting excuse for a human and I hope he is having a horrendous time in h-e-double hockey sticks.

3. Kit Walker, Asylum

Ugh, I love Kit so much. Protect him at all costs. All he wanted was a good life and he always stood up against what was wrong. Love that for him. Kit is a beautiful person, and he’s too good and too pure for this world.

2. James Patrick March, Hotel

Oof. What a nightmare of a character, am I right? In Hotel, Peters portrays a serial killer who is loosely based on real-life serial killer H.H. Holmes. March’s murders were completely wicked and inexplicably vicious. I loved the voice he used for the character and his look was astonishing. The black hair? I’m so here for it.

1. Tate Langdon, Murder House

My fave until the end of time; however, he is a terrible human being. Sensing a pattern? Though he was sweet, caring, and loving towards Violet, that doesn’t excuse the heinous acts he committed. From murdering fellow classmates in a school shooting, to sexually assaulting Violet’s mother and impregnating her with the actual Devil, Tate is atrocious. When we meet Tate again in Apocalypse, he is very different – no longer evil, only wanting Violet to talk to him again. Personally, I think this is the best season of AHS and a fantastic introduction to the wonderful art Evan Peters possesses. 

**All 10 seasons of American Horror Story are available to stream on Netflix**

Allison is 21 years old and currently a senior at Monmouth University. She is an English major and hopes to enter a career in digital content writing or social media marketing. She loves all things pop culture - tv shows, movies, music, beauty, and more!