timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ending I Want from Jane the Virgin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

In my dreams, Jane the Virgin would have endless seasons left. But we’ve reached the final season, whether I like it or not, and I have some hopes for how it will end. 

Warning: this article is meant for people who watch the show. If you haven’t seen it yet, stop reading and go watch the show on Netflix! The previous seasons are all available for you to stream there. If you love a good drama/comedy combo with some telenovela influences, then you’ll love it. 

[Image from Entertainment Weekly]

From the very first season, you probably decided if you were Team Michael or Team Rafael. As the plot unfolded you may have changed your mind, but I always remained the same: Team Rafael.

I think that Michael is someone who Jane’s always loved and been attached to, but Rafael is her true soulmate. 

That being said, I want to see Jane end up with him. After this past week’s episode, Jane has realized that Michael is her past and Rafael is her future. She’s willing to keep fighting for his forgiveness, and I hope that he gives it to her. Honestly, I think that Rafael is being a little hard on her considering that her husband literally came back from the dead. If anyone needed to take some time to consider her feelings, it was her!

I’m also hoping that Xo is finally declared to be cancer-free. She’s one of my favorite characters on the show, and I really want her to have a happy ending. 

Since it is a telenovela, I know that everything won’t be perfectly resolved. I want Rose’s crimes to be shut down, but maybe they can leave that open. There have been talks of a spin-off, and this could add to future drama.

For me, the best part of the show is that Jane never gave up on her dreams of being a writer. Even as her life fell apart, she stayed focused and became a published author. More than anything else, I think it would be really nice to end the show with Jane gaining more success as a writer.

I want Team Rafael to win, but Team Jane is always the one I’m really rooting for. 

Jenna Puglisi

Monmouth '19

Jenna founded Monmouth's chapter with her co-correspondent and BFF, Christi. Jenna is a senior at Monmouth, studying English with a minor in Public Relations. Her greatest love is writing, which she practices through journalism, poetry, and a personal blog at https://jennapug.com/. When she isn’t writing, you can find her wandering around bookstores, dancing at concerts, and drinking obscene amounts of coffee.