This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

I’m from North Jersey so although we don’t get the same amount of snow as parts of New England and the Midwest, we have our fair amount of snow and wintery weather. Going to school in South Jersey though, I have never seen so much in my four years of college has I have in the past month. Of course now I live in an off campus house and get to shovel my mile long drive way, but even in the feet of snow we seem to be accumulating, I have still found beauty in it. 

1. It is just so pretty 

Until it gets plowed and all dirty, I love looking at snow on the trees. I think it is the best part of any snow storm. It is like looking at a winter wonderland. 

2. Snow Days

Snow days were obviously the best part of any snow storm. Now, schools seem to be ditching that idea and just heading to virtual school, but snow days are a right of passage. Turning pjs inside out, putting spoons under your pillow, anything to get school canceled. 

3. Reminds you of being a little kid 

Even now with shoveling, I still want to go build a snow man outside. My mom would always make us grilled cheese and tomato soup on snow days, and those days were some of my favorite memories. Playing outside with my siblings and having a snow ball fight with the neighbors were some of the best parts of my childhood. Plus I live on a hill which is perfect for sledding. 

Sarah Elizabeth

Monmouth '21

Sarah is currently a senior history/political science secondary education major with a minor in sociology. Her biggest dream in life is to be a middle or high school history teacher or to open up her own coffee shop. She loves dogs, strawberries, hiking and green tea.