This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Tired of headphones? Want to really make your music fill? Want to really make your music wake you up? Hell! Even if you just want to wake your neighbors early in the morning, just annoy them, a speaker sounds it’d be a pretty good investment for you! But wondering what kind of speaker to get? Well I guess it would all depend on a few things, music taste, how often you listen, and price range. Luckily I have a speaker that fits into all three of those categories it plays all types of music well, it’s good for casual listeners and those who love to jam, and it’s relatively cheap in compared to other good quality speakers, It’s called the JBL Flip 3, and trust me you’ll be flipping to buy one after this review.

The JBL Flip 3 is a small 4.8 x 3.9 x 7.5, waterproof/splashproof, portable Bluetooth speaker, designed for listening on the go, in your house, or outside. It’s compact size makes it ideal for travel, the Bluetooth feature allows for hands free listening without ever having to plant your phone in one spot like and iHome, however it does carry an AUX cord port in case you prefer that. The Flip 3 also provides up to 10 hours of battery life, which is pretty long in the case of most Bluetooth speakers is rather long.

In terms of sound, the JBL Flip 3 may be small but it is VERY loud! It offers a clear crisp sound quality, strong booming bass, and the sound does not crack when the volume is maxed out. After purchasing mine I did a test to see how loud the sound could be I stepped out the room of my dorm (which is near the end of one side of the hall) and walked down the hallway towards the stairway on the other end and turned the volume up to max and to my surprise I could hear the song blasting down the hallway as if it was only a few doors down. However, this also reviled to me that the Bluetooth connectivity range isn’t too far as I took one step into the stairway my phone disconnected, showing that there is a limited range in Bluetooth connectivity. I had bought the JBL Flip3 after realizing that I couldn’t play music from my old model iHome without docking it (which I could only do when the phone was low on battery, so if I was ever sitting in my room I would have no way to listen to music unless my phone was low on battery and changing the song would also be a hassle as I would always have to get up to do so (We’re all college students here, we’ve all hit the point of “it’s too faaaaaaaaarrrrr” a long time ago, don’t judge me). So after doing some research I decided on this speaker because of the sound quality, the design, portability, and pricing. The pricing was $79.97 on sale and the speaker retails for $100. So far I don’t have any real complaints about the speaker other than the connectivity which sometimes if you get too far the song skips, but other than that the speaker is serving me well and has given me a great bang for my buck, If you’re looking for a portable, sleek, waterproof, great sounding, Bluetooth speaker that’s available in a multitude of colors the JBL Flip 3 is definitely for you. You won’t be disappointed!