Dating Advice from Real Live College Guy: Gabe Cruz!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Real Live College Guys are BACK!

Anon: I’m seeing a girl who is just as disastrous at relationships as I am and we just hangout, but lately, we’ve been acting as if we were together. I’ve been starting to think that these are the types of relationships I should be in, what should I do?

Gabe: “The first thing you should do before you enter a relationship is ask yourself two questions. 1. Does this person make you happy? – 2. Do you see a serious future with this person? – If the answer to either of these questions is a no, then you shouldn’t be in that relationship”

Anon: Do you believe in soul mates?

Gabe: “Yes, I do. Everyone has someone out there that’s meant for them. The only thing, is that it takes work. Just because someone’s meant for you doesn’t mean everything will just fall into place”

Anon: I can never get involved with women romantically, moving from girl to girl quickly. I have commitment issues, do you believe it’s okay for me to be this way or should I do something about it?

Gabe: “The biggest source of commitment issues are one’s lack of faith in themselves. You have got to find yourself before you start looking for someone. As soon as you understand what you want for yourself it’s going to be much more easier for you to find someone who meets those standards”

Anon: How much would you spend on a date?

Gabe: “Well, it depends on the first date. I try to keep it under $50 but every once in a while I’ll try to spoil my date” 

Anon: What do you look for in a girl?

Gabe: “The two biggest things are that they have to be funny and have a cute smile”

Keep submitting your anonymous questions for Gabe and our three other Real Live College Guys, right here.

& keep an eye out to have your questions answered in the following weeks!

Instagram: @gab3real_cruz

Twitter: @gab3real_cruz

Gabe Cruz is a Psychology major and a minor in business. He enjoys sports, videogames and working on cars.