Dating Advice from Real Live College Guy: Ethan DeAbreu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Ethan DeAbreu Has Answers Ladies!

Anon: What do you think about public displays of affection, is it appropriate? 

Ethan: “I understand that when you really care about someone you want to show them how you feel. PDA, and how much is appropriate is something a lot of couples have a hard time finding. Some may find it absolutely unacceptable, and others may not. Personally, I do show affection when I’m with my girlfriend, but nothing too out there. I like holding her hand in public, and so on. You never catch me with anything beyond that in the Public Square. So my end note with PDA is that there is nothing wrong with it, just stay classy!”

Anon: How do you cope with relationship stress?

Ethan: “Relationship stress… it is bound to happen. I’m the kind of guy that likes being self-aware; I always try to stay aware of what I am feeling and why. I try not displace stress from work, or school on my relationship; however, when there is tension in my relationship I try to address it. I try to just talk to her, and tell her what’s going on and why it is taking a toll. Then I listen to her side of it. I believe in assessing the problems in life, and then addressing them.

If you guys can work it out after a mature conversation that is great, but if you cannot and the relationship is just causing you both stress, you shouldn’t force it. I always tell my friends that we are so young, and who could possibly know where life is going to take us. The person you are going to marry may, or may not be the person you are with now. Who is to say that the person meant for you lives around you, it is a big world out there, and you HAVE to keep an open mind.”

Anon: Delivery of Digiorno

Ethan: “Ramen… or Digiorno”

Submit your anonymous questions for our four Real Live College Guys, right here.

Check back next week for some guy advice from Gabe Cruz!

Twitter: @EthanDeAbreu

Instagram: @ethandeabreu