Cheeses to Match Your Moods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Were you ever in a situation where you were craving some cheese that would fit the situation? You came to the right place! Cheese has been known to help enhance many situations (on my part anyway lol), and I will help you figure out which cheeses can go with which moods. We all know that autmun is known nowadays for Pumpkin Spic Lattes, but the right cheese can accompany and accentuate any situation, including a PSL.

So buckle up! It’s going to be a cheesy ride! (I know it’s horrible, but I couldn’t help it!)

1.   When you’re hanging out with bae in your pj’s.

Any cheese that you and bae both like, whether it’s a spicy piece of pepperjack or something mellow like brie. You’re with your significant other and you should always share the little moments in life with them, whether it be a romantic dinner or sitting at home watching your favorite movie while munching on popcorn.

2.   When you’re studying for a test tomorrow that you had 3 weeks to prepare for. Who knew that there were so formulas to memorize for that stats exam?!?!

First, take a deep breath. Second, get some Muenster ready because we’re in for another all-nighter. Muenster cheese is generally soft and can really calm you down when you need it.

3.   When you’ve had a fight with bae and you need some cheese to console you after your fight.

Fresh mozzarella usually goes well on top of pizzas and mixed into some salads, but it’s also really soft and very nommy. It can console you even if you’ve had a really bad fight with your bae and you need time to cool off.

4.   When you’re holding a fancy-schmancy dinner party for your bae’s family.

Brie can be considered fancy enough and it’s really good, too! Tough on the outside and creamy on the inside, just like Uncle Joey.

5.   When you’re celebrating the last day of finals with all of your besties!!

Hold a fondue party! Explore different types of cheeses and have fun! And don’t ever forget about chocolate fondue!

6.   When you’re holding a movie marathon and you’re starting to fall asleep but you also want to see the end of the third movie where the guy is trying so hard to get the girl but the girl likes another guy who is really mean to her and…….

Buttered popcorn with some grated cheddar on top. The cheddar has a sharp taste, but the butter on the popcorn will balance it out.

7.   When you’re at the airport and your flight home got delayed. Again. For the 4th. Time. IN A ROW?!?!?!?!

Straight-up, you need some mac-and-cheese to make sure you stay calm when some engineers don’t know what they’re doing and when you start to miss home just a little bit. *cough**cough* DELTA *cough**cough*

8.   When you’re reading an article on HerCampus.

Any cheese will do at this point! Pick your favorite one, sit down and enjoy some gouda HerCampus articles!

Gabby is a sophomore studying Psychology and Spanish at Molloy. She loves playing her the cello, and she loves giving advice and a warm hug to her friends when they need it. She can't wait to see what Molloy has in store over the next few years of her life. DFTBA!!