5 Things to do on Valentine’s Day if You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Single for Valentine’s Day? It’s okay girl, we’ve all been there before. Some of us for 19 years, BUT WHOSE COUNTING RIGHT!!?!?!

Here are some things to do on Valentine’s Day by yourself, as told by someone eternally single

1. Study for that test you have tomorrow

Yeah? Remember that test you have tomorrow that you never studied for? Haha, well now’s the perfect time to study for it, amirite ladies? That test isn’t going to race itself now, is it? Why waste time with fortuitous ideas of romance when you could be focusing on what’s really important like drinking lots of water and studying?

2. Eat your fave chocolates that you bought yourself because no one loves or knows you like you do, feel free to watch stupid rom-com with them

Nothing makes ya feel better than your FAVORITE chocolate. Which most likely only you and your mom know about. No boy would ever know to get you the most expensive box of chocolates at Godiva, and you deserve no less than your favorite chocolate because you are the queen that you are. Plus no boy can honestly even afford that expensive chocolate, let’s be honest. But you can, because you’re a boss and you know yourself better than anyone so of course you’re going to treat your fave person on this planet: you. Go ahead girl, splurge on yourself, you deserve it.

3. Treat yourself to a spa day!

If there’s an attractive guy that happens to stop by, maybe strike up a convo. But only as long as it doesn’t interfere with your mani-pedi. Tell your manicurist all your problems and how single you are while she judges you and pushes back those cuticles you haven’t taken care of in a couple weeks. Maybe this is also a time to reflect on why you’re single? Or you can just EMBRACE IT!!

4. Judge all the couples around you and be bitter about their happiness

It is disgusting to see public displays of affection. It should just be outlawed. How dare people rub all their unbridled happiness in your face. It’s disgusting, truly disgusting and people should be arrested for it. Unless they’re being arrested by a hot cop. Because then arrest me instead officer! ;)

5. Maybe try to flirt? Idk

Can’t it hurt to try last minute right? I mean if you could do all those last minute assignments and study sessions late, who’s to say you can’t do Valentine’s Day last minute either? Have fun with it, flirt with guys that are already taken!! Have fun and do whatever you want because remember, you can rub it in everyone else’s face how single and free you are!! 

Travis is 19 in his fourth semester of college! He is considered a Junior at Molloy and majors in Accounting! When he discovered(?) Her Campus at his school he immediately joined and became a writer and the Instragram coordinator. Now he is proud to be a Campus Correspondent!