This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Last week, I talked about a YouTuber named Markiplier. Well, this week I’m talking about Unus Annus, a channel on YouTube made by Markiplier and CrankGameplays. They created this channel on November 15th, 2019, and have been uploading content every single day. Come November 15th, 2020, the channel will be gone. Unus Annus translated from Latin means “One Year” along with Memento Mori meaning “Remember death”. Both are common catch phrases used by the duo. Unus Annus will be deleted in one year, the channel and the videos will all be deleted on November 15th of this year.

Mark and Ethan have even given us a lovely timer on each of the videos, typically seen in the beginning of the video and the end to remind us of the fact that death is inevitable. Most of their videos contain doing things that most people probably have not tried. Before the stay at home orders they did a lot of different style videos. Each of them having the same fun and relaxing nature in the videos. While sometimes they can become a bit chaotic, they’re embracing the limited time they have. They function under a philosophy of not having enough time for everything you want. The very first words you see on the channel, in the description of the first video, are “What would you do if you only had a year left to live?” These words follow them throughout their videos as they do exciting, exhilarating, or even stupid activities to give you a laugh, and for them to try new things.

Recently, due to COVID-19, Unus Annus did a challenge where they could not touch their face. During their videos they had subscribers put in the comments how many times they had touched their faces. Each time they did they had to donate $100 per touch. They donated the money to charities that subscribers recommended to help the relief of the COVID-19. In one of the most recent videos, they said how much each of them donated. Equaling to around 18 thousand for Mark and 10 thousand for Ethan. They are still making videos and still uploading them, even now to keep the channel alive. They are both staying home to flatten the curve, and they recommend you do the same. Yet, even so, they find entertaining new ideas to brighten your day and make every second count. The question is… Will you Join?

Sarah is a writer at MNSU Her Campus, this is her second year with Her campus. Sarah is a Sophmore at MNSU and is Majoring in Creative Writing, she hopes to one day write novels to make people happy and to inspire. She is currently working on a few stories and toying with novel ideas.
I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.