This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Am I the only one who is struggling with finals coming up? The final projects for classes and big final exams are getting closer and closer by the day. As much as I want to look forward to Thanksgiving weekend I cannot take a break from studying or refreshing my email. How am I supposed to go home for Thanksgiving and actually enjoy my time at home?

As much as that studying does truly need to get done, Thanksgiving break needs to include a break from typing and reading.

Thanksgiving is a time to get together with people you love and enjoy their company around the turkey. It’s okay to allow yourself the time to enjoy a homemade plate of food and some much needed love from your family.

If you’re anything like me your nose will be in your laptop until the second you’re forced to take those finals. So sit down and relax. Enjoy the long weekend off. Taking in that family love will relieve some of your stress you have built up over the semester. Then, just a few more weeks to get through and it will be winter break.

Even if you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, treat yourself to some time off. Trust me, you deserve it!