This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

The weather is finally getting warm, allowing you to spend more time outside enjoying the nature. What better way to enjoy a nice day than to visit a beautiful park?

Sibley Park is a city park located at the convergence of the Minnesota and Blue Earth Rivers in Mankato, Minnesota. The park was established in 1887 and was named after the state’s first governor, Henry Hastings Sibley. Sibley Park is filled with extensive landscape and beautiful gardens. The park is a great place for large group gatherings, and reserved use. There also is a picnic area that is great for reunions and meetings. The park offers many things to do from a softball and tennis area, to fishing and a sledding hill. Something that is unique about this park is that there is a farm, as well as HealthBeat outdoor exercise equipment. What’s better than vising some farm animals, or getting a workout outside all in the same place?

Address: 1255 Range St, Mankato, MN 56001

I'm Jennifer Bingen, I'm currently a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in Business Management. My hometown is Maple Grove, MN. I joined Her Campus, because I wanted to get to know a great group of girls who are all for women empowerment. I strongly believe that women are capable of anything, and want to back that up with Her Campus. I want to incorporate Business into women empowerment, and show women that being in Business isn't just for men- there are plenty of CEO's who are women these days, which is awesome!  I am an english/writing tutor and I love it with a passion. I absolutely love running, yoga, my mom, dogs, coffee and holidays.
Shaela Nelson (pronounced Shay-la), commonly referred to as Shae, is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in marketing and minoring in entrepreneurship. Shaela enjoys being a part of many organizations on campus, volunteering with animals and randomly busting out crazy dance moves. Being from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," you can find her enjoying the lake-life while boating, at any given time of the summer - when she's not a nanny for her favorite kiddos. Shaela enjoys writing for Her Campus because it allows her to express herself and the many ideas she has. Life Motto: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you imagined." -Henry David Thoreau