Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Wait, it’s already Halloween? As always, this time of year has come much quicker than expected and now many people are left scrambling to figure out what they can pull together that won’t break the bank. Search no more! We have some creative and simple costume ideas that can be easily thrown together and will work for both guys and girls 

Tourist 

Let’s be honest, most of us have probably been to a Hawaiian themed party at some point in our college career so dig out that old Hawaiian shirt and a lei and you’re set. If you want to take it a little further add a pair of sunglasses, come cargo shorts, a fanny pack, and a camera to really shout, “I’m a tourist! 

Black Eyed Pea 

Cut a “P” out of some old cardboard and stick it on your shit. Give yourself a black eye with some makeup and call yourself the newest member of the Black Eyed Peas.  

Mean Girls 

On Wednesdays, we wear pink so you must have something pink in your closet. Have your unprepared group of friends throw on some of your pink attire or cut out some perfectly placed holes on an old shirt and you have yourself a Mean Girls”-themed, perfectly provocative outfit.  

For the guys a simple blue sweatshirt, sunglasses and a piece of paper can turn you into Damien. An easy outfit perfect for any anti-social person out there. 

Rosie the Riveter 

Super simple idea that only requires a blue button up, a bandana, and some lipstick and you can transform yourself into an iconic figure from the 40s. This costume idea is great for those who want to make it look like they’ve put in effort for their costume. 

We give up 

Want to truly put in no effort? Then this is the idea for you. Grab a permanent marker or some fabric paint and write “Error 404 Costume cannot be found” simple and easy enough that will also get you a laugh or two from other people who can appreciate your lack of preparedness.  

Are you into some risky business? 

This costume can be great for both guys and girls. Grab an oversized white button up from the nearest male closet and some shades and you have yourself a creative and funny costume that can also be very sexy.  This outfit is a personal favorite because it is cute and comfy to wear out. 

Bouncer  

For the guys out there who don’t want to wear an embarrassing costume or put in a lot of work for one, dig out some black attire with a pair of black shades and you’ve become the bouncer at every party you attend.  

What is nice about most of these costume ideas is that they can be worn on regular days other than Halloween. This way if you need to go out and purchase the items to make the costume, you aren’t just buying something that you’ll wear once.  Take a quick look at your closet and see what else you can pull together for a last minute Halloween costume and let us know what you come up with! Hope these help with your procrastination! Happy Halloween Collegiettes!