I Tried BumbleBFF and…..

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

There’s a ton of apps out there for dating like tinder, bumble, and match.com. With a busy college schedule between studying and work, it may be hard to get out and socialize. What if you aren’t interested in dating, but still want to meet people? Now you can, with BumbleBFF. Bumble BFF is a subsection of Bumble, just like tinder or any other dating app, but it is specifically geared towards making new friends. Whether you’re a freshman in college who barely knows anyone, or a newly graduated college student who just moved to a new area, this app can be helpful! It is linked to your Facebook, and you can create a profile with pictures and a  bio. You can also change the distance that you are willing to search for a new BFF.

I set up my own account to experiment to see what it was all about, and it was exactly like it sounds. You swipe right if you like the look of someone, swipe left if you don’t. I made sure to pick photos that thoroughly showed my personality, since they’re looking for a bestie that fits theirs.

It felt very odd swiping left and right on girls whom I thought would make a good “BFF Match”.  I even saw some girls I already knew on the app. If you both end up liking each other, then you can have a conversation with them. I matched with a few girls after a day or two of scrolling through. Although I didn’t have enough time to start conversations with anyone, it seemed like great app to meet new girl friends. I could see myself using this app in the future when I move to a new city after college, to meet some fun new friends in the area.

What’s better than having a wine night with a bunch of girls? Download and make an account for yourself, and see how intriguing it is to make new BFF’s who you can have endless wine nights and shopping trips with.

I'm Jennifer Bingen, I'm currently a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in Business Management. My hometown is Maple Grove, MN. I joined Her Campus, because I wanted to get to know a great group of girls who are all for women empowerment. I strongly believe that women are capable of anything, and want to back that up with Her Campus. I want to incorporate Business into women empowerment, and show women that being in Business isn't just for men- there are plenty of CEO's who are women these days, which is awesome!  I am an english/writing tutor and I love it with a passion. I absolutely love running, yoga, my mom, dogs, coffee and holidays.