This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Being it’s spring break, I wanted to write about something fun and something people can do now that school isn’t in session. Now, Disneyland and Disneyworld are extremely important, especially as prices have just been raised. Minecraft is only $25, unless it’s already owned and it’s overall a fun game with endless possibilities. So why not have the chance to go and visit Disneyland in Minecraft? The creator of the server is extremely kind and the people that work on the server are just as nice, almost like Disney Cast Members. One thing with Minecraft servers is that they can only hold so many people on them. This server in specific decided to allow 1,955 people onto the server, which holds a clever hidden meaning. In one of my previous articles, I talked about Disneyworld, but mention that it was built due to Disneyland’s success. Disneyland was built in the year 1955, leading to a cute little nudge to the date the magic began.

So the server isn’t one that you just walk around looking at where things are in Disneyland, they actually made it so there are functional rides and souvenirs! To be able to get the souvenirs that you want, you have to get one of three of the coins:0 a Gold Castle Token, a Flynn’s Arcade Token, or a Penny Arcade Token. The best part is that you get Penny Arcade Token from riding attractions! The only downfall is that it does take a while to earn the Penny Arcade Tokens, but they are the source of money on the server, so it definitely makes sense. Another way to get Tokens is they have a word scrambled game every five minutes with different Disney words and if you can guess it correctly before someone else does, or before time runs out, then you get 2 Penny Arcade Tokens.

The server is adorable and super fun for any Disney fan, and they should definitely pay a visit to see what it looks like. They also have made their own custom texture pack which changes the look of Minecraft, so you can see the trash cans, Minnie Ears, and so much more. They definitely made it an exciting place to go to when you have nothing else to do right then and there. Even so when you are on the rides, you don’t have to worry about not hearing anything or it being silent. They made it so that you can type in chat “/audio” to pull up a new tab in your browser that brings audio to your park experience. The server runs in 1.12.2, an older version of Minecraft, so you can easily choose to launch this version. With that, make sure that you add it to your server list, click “Enable Resource Pack” so you see it in game, and join in! The IP address is: mc.Imagineeringfun.net; Happy Spring Break!

Sarah is a writer at MNSU Her Campus, this is her second year with Her campus. Sarah is a Sophmore at MNSU and is Majoring in Creative Writing, she hopes to one day write novels to make people happy and to inspire. She is currently working on a few stories and toying with novel ideas.
I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.