The Week Before Thanksgiving Break as Told By ‘The Office’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

It’s that time of the semester when we are all just ready for a break. We’ve endured class work, jobs, and internships for months, so now we rightfully deserve some time off from the balancing act of trying to keep our lives perfectly together all the time. If you’re anything like me, you’ve been counting down the days until the sweet freedom of the best early Christmas present anyone could ever receive, Thanksgiving Break. Spending time with family, seeing friends from home, eating delicious foods and sweets, what could be more relaxing or a better solution to mid-semester stress? While I can’t wait to have some pumpkin pie and to not talk about the election over Thanksgiving dinner, there is one downside to this glorious break from reality- surviving the week before.

During this time, it’s important to know that you’re not alone, so to help you get through the next few days I’ve compiled some of Dunder Mifflin’s finest moments to express the struggles of the week before Thanksgiving Break.

How you begin each day.

When you are in class, but your brain is already in vacation-mode.

When the professor says, “This is important, take notes.”

The look you share with your classmates when the professor says, “Remember, there’s an assignment due the week we get back!”

Trying to participate in class discussions​. 

When you feel judged for your attempt at joining the class discussion but don’t really care because your only end game is Thanksgiving dinner at this point.

*Chants to self* What do we want? We wanna go home! When do we want it? Now!

When you finally get home from class but decide to start packing even though you still have actual work to do.​

It sets in that you still have so much to do before you can leave and you can no longer suppress your emotions.​

Reality continues to set in and it feels like all hope is gone.​

When the determination finally kicks in, the end is in sight.

When you turn in your last assignment and you are free.​

Reflecting on the week, feeling proud of yourself for making it through and so thankful to finally have this break.​

And now…

Communication Arts and Dance student in NYC. Interests include the arts, The Office, and anything with sprinkles.