This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

If you don’t know about these Target monthly boxes, you need to because these are the coolest and one of the cheapest monthly beauty boxes I have ever found.

First of all it’s from Target, which is every girl’s favorite place…especially that dollar section, right ladies? I was browsing the Target website in class, as usual, looking at things that would never fit into my small New York City apartment, but of course I am still looking. Then, while looking at the new makeup they had in stock I found the advertisement for these $7.00 monthly beauty boxes.

I clicked on the icon and I thought that they would have a fee and would actually be about $15.00 for each box but when I looked into it more I saw that they were only $7.00 with free shipping because Target is great! I saw that they had two boxes made for April so I ordered both!

They arrived a week after I ordered them, which is nice because there was no shipping fee.

They came in very simple packaging with tissue paper inside and a paper that had the name of the beauty box on it. The first one was called “Peace of Mind” and included seven items. The items were small and they are all things that are available in large and normal sizes if you enjoyed the product. They also put a coupon in if you wanted to order more of the products. The list was very clear and gave tips and hints on what to do with the new products.

“Peace of Mind” included a facial foaming cleanser called La Roche-Posay which smells like roses and is very light on my skin. The next item was a Sally Hansen topcoat, which is great because I can always use a new topcoat for my nails. An item I have never tried but I have always wanted is a Hair Mask or HASK which will repair the damage to extremely dry hair. Next I pulled out a Dr Teals lavender bath foam, which I have not used yet, but it smells so nice and I can not wait to try it out. The next item is a cleansing lotion by eb5 that hydrates as well as cleans the skin. They put a Rimmel eyeliner in the box as well, but it is white, which is part of a new trend I am excited to try, even though I am terrible at my eyeliner. The last item in this box is Banana Boat SPF 30 sun screen, which is great to have in the coming months when the sun is finally out.

The second box was called “Pure & Simple” which is filled with seven items as well. The first item in the box was a Shea Moisture Kukui Nut Facial Cream Cleanser and Face/Neck Cream. It came in small sample sizes which smell great and give a cooling sensation on the skin. Next there was Juice Organics Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner, which I personally will not use because my hair does not need any more volume, but I bet these are great for any girl who needs some extra volume in their hair. An item I was very excited about were the Burt’s Bees makeup remover towelettes with White Tea Extract, I love these towels because they smell so good and they actually take off makeup. They put in Hello Extra Whitening Pure Mint Fluoride Toothpaste, which was interesting because I never think of toothpaste as a “beauty products” but it works well and tastes good. I have only used it for three days and I have not seen lots of improvement, but in more time I hope there will be some. They included a charcoal face mask from Yes To, which is so nice and has tomatoes inside which is an interesting smell, but it works really well and I felt so clean and pure after the mask. They included an ACURE Pore Clarifying Red Clay Scrub, the clay part felt so different because it feels like the clay from school. But it smells and feels so good when you use it. The final product in the box was a Raw Sugar Lemon Sugar Body Wash, which I LOVE. It is so amazing, it exfoliates so well and smells just like lemons, which is my favorite scent.

Overall I think these are worth the money because you get seven products for $7.00. They are small samples that give you a taste of what they are like, but they are available to be ordered again if you want more of the product. There were some products I would order again, but some that were not meant for me. If you have more sensitive skin there are not many products that cater to that because some are more harsh on the skin, so I would not recommend them. I would recommend this to lots of people because there are seven products that are all different and at least some may work for you!

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli