Review: The Kate Spade New York Home Pop-Up Shop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

“Welcome home,” the sales associate said to me as I made my fabulous entrance into this store, filled with aspiration and dreams. Just kidding, I was wearing sneakers, no makeup, and hadn’t showered in the past 24 hours. But lets pretend I never told you that.

Kate Spade opened their first home collection pop-up shop in SoHo this week, I decided to check it out.

The vibe upon arrival simply felt right, as if this was where I was meant to be. All of the designs have a chic, calming aesthetic that I truly appreciate. Cute mugs with adorable quotes, a pitcher filled of colorful gumballs, and a light grey couch with carefully tossed pink pumps (Kate Spade, of course.)

The store is divided into four main sections: bedroom, dining area, kitchen, and stationary. However as I made my way through the store, I could not help but notice something quite distinct. Wherever I was, I would turn around and one of two associates in the entire store would be standing there. There are only two of them! Surely she could have been doing something more productive than ask if I needed something every ten seconds. Typically when you are being followed by an associate, it is because you look suspicious enough to steal merchandise. I seriously doubt she thought I could manage to walk out of the store with a desk and a chair in my bag. I am not Mary Poppins. Anyhow, aside from that small blip, I really enjoyed the store.

The store offers merchandise at an array of prices so there is something suitable for everyone. Trust me, I would love love love to buy the $1,115 grey ottoman but the $16 notepad was more my speed. Another thing that is great about this store is that yes, you can do a lot of damage shopping for yourself, but it also makes for cute and affordable gifts. Check out my favorites below.

Read My Lips Mug $20

Idiom Decorative Pillow (chic happens) $50

Initial Journal $16

Hampton Street Rosebowl (flower vase) $75

Garden Drive Square Jewelry Box $40

Daisy Place Tray $60

The store features many items that are only available in store but all of the above are available online at KateSpade.com  .

Kate Spade New York Home Pop-Up Shop411 W Broadway New York, NYOpen February 26, 2016 – May 31, 2016

Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside