yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Pumpkin Spice Isn’t Just For Lattes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Last Thursday, marked the first day of fall. If you are anything like me, it was much anticipated. Fall is the season of leather jackets, anything and everything plaid, UGG Boots (don’t lie to yourself, you know you love them) and, duh, pumpkin spice! While the first thing that may come to your mind is Starbuck’s famous PSL, there is so much more to the world of pumpkin spice. Here are some super-delicious pumpkin spice options you may have never thought of. 

Cereal

Last year, I stumbled upon the discovery of Trader Joe’s ‘Pumpkin O’s’ aka pumpkin flavored cheerios. Whether you’re eating them straight out of the box, or in a bowl with milk, they are the perfect way to start off your fall morning. 

Candles 

OK, so this may not be a secret… But there is no better way to celebrate fall than by lighting a candle, appropriately smelling like a fresh baked pumpkin pie. If you’re living in a space where candles aren’t allowed, check out some oil options for a no-flame flavor! 

Cookies 

Pumpkin chocolate chip, pumpkin snickerdoodle, pumpkin cheesecake… The options are endless! Scroll through Pinterest for hours to search for which PS cookie you want to make this weekend. And be the best BFF ever and bring your gal pals some on a Monday morning! 

Marshmallows 

S’mores are an essential part of fall. But swap a plain marshmallow for pumpkin spice, and the game has officially changed. 

*PRO TIP: You can make S’mores in the microwave, since a bonfire might be hard to come by in NYC. Just assemble the s’mores on a microwavable plate and microwave for 15 seconds, and you have the perfect fall snack. 

Pasta 

Pumpkin mac & cheese is one of my all-time favorite recipes. With a hearty flavor, it’s the perfect fall meal to cuddle up with while you watch your fav Halloween movie. Did someone say Halloweentown

Here’s to enjoying pumpkin all season, in all ways! 

Hey I'm Hailey! I'm a freshman communication Arts major at Marymount Manhattan College. I'm hoping to either make a career out of writing for blogs, magazines, websites, or maybe even being a news or sports anchor. I'm also very passionate about dance so you can always find me in a class somewhere or just dancing around my apartment!