NYC’s Top 3 Festive Window Displays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

I personally feel that this time of year is amazing anywhere – but nothing beats Christmas in New York City. From all of the events happening, like the Christmas tree lighting and the Radio City Rockettes, to all of the Christmas markets around town; the holidays in the city are truly amazing. Something that is equally as amazing, are the festive window displays. This city really goes all – out with Christmas decorations, and the window displays are a testament to that. In this article I’m going to share some of my favorite Christmas / festive window displays I’ve seen so far, since they’re all so amazing I can’t pick just one favorite!

1. Bloomingdales on 59th Street

Bloomingdales is an incredible store to begin with, so of course their window display this year is incredible as well. Their theme this year is “The Greatest Holiday” and the whole display is inspired by the movie The Greatest Showman that’s coming out this month. The whole display is circus themed, while the mannequins are all wearing stunning holiday outfits. The part of the display I’ve chosen to showcase, is the one with four mannequins with not only stunning outfits, but also hair and makeup (I told you they go all out!). Also featured is a train, and the one mannequin is supposed to be the smoke coming out of the train. A  karaoke machine is also there, so individuals can go up to and sing one of three Christmas songs. If you’re able to go see it in person, I highly recommend it.

2. Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is another store that does not disappoint. This year’s theme is Snow White for the 80th anniversary of the Disney classic, so all of the windows depict scenes from the movie. This one is of course lovely to see during the day, but I would recommend trying to go and see it at night so you can see the light show. Basically, along with the windows being scenes from Snow White, the entire outside is made up of lights to look like a castle! The reason I suggested going at night, is so that you can not only see the castle lit up, but also see the light show! Along with the Snow White story windows, there were dresses from various designer brands, that were princess / Snow White inspired. This is another truly amazing window that you need to see in person to get the full affect / experience.

3.  Burberry on Madison Avenue

Burberry is one of my favorite higher – end brands and their window display, to me, goes along perfectly with the brand’s aesthetic: simple but effective. The addition of warm, twinkling / fairy lights to all of the windows makes the store look elegantly festive. It is such a simple addition to the store, but it is just enough to catch one’s eye.

Those are just a few of my favorite festive windows in the city! Like I said earlier, if you ever get the chance to visit the city during the holidays and take a look at the festive window displays, I highly recommend it.

Olivia Marrone is a senior at Marymount Manhattan College, majoring in Business with a concentration in Fashion Marketing & minoring in Digital Journalism. Marrone's writing primarily focuses on fashion & lifestyle journalism, with concentrations in style inspiration, social media & life in New York City. Along with writing, she is also passionate about photography, fashion, art, & traveling. She is currently based in New York City.