sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Top Five Fall Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Growing up, my favorite season was always fall. I loved seeing the leaves change color and everything gets a little bit cozier. For some people, it can be a tough time of year with going back to school and things changing again. But, I look at it as a fresh start. The weather gets a little colder out, you can put on a sweater, and there are so many activities to do! Here are some of my favorite items for celebrating the arrival of fall:

1. Candles

Candles are such a great way to set the mood, especially on a rainy fall day when you want to curl up and watch a movie or read a book. I love the ones that smell like apples and cinnamon, or even a cozy fireplace! If you are in the market for some new candles, Bath and Body Works always has a wide variety to choose from… and they usually have a deal too!

2. Flannels

You can never go wrong with flannels, they are a great way to spice up an outfit and throw on when it’s chilly outside. My favorite flannels are usually darker colors because they compliment neutral tones well, especially this time of year. You can also wear them around your waist to add a little something extra to what you’re wearing.

3. Music

I feel like some albums just fit a certain time of year so perfectly. Personally, I always find myself listening to Taylor Swift’s Red album when fall comes around. There is something special about this singer-songwriter’s vibe that always gives off an autumnal feeling. It is a great soundtrack that always makes me want to go on a walk through some fall foliage.

4. Movies

This time of year, I love putting on a good movie to get me into the spirit of the season. I get so excited for Halloween, so it is no wonder that I always put on Hocus Pocus when fall comes around. It is a classic and always fun to watch with friends and family. You can also usually find it on just about any television channel this time of year!

5. Food

Of course, one of the best things to do in the fall time is to eat good food. Personally, I love baking a yummy pumpkin pie or apple crisp. These are fairly easy to make, and taste especially good when homemade. Get together with a loved one and bake a sweet treat! Another favorite of mine is pumpkin bread – when it is fresh out of the oven it always hits the spot!

Whether you get yourself a new flannel, or light a candle while you listen to some T-Swift, I’m sure you’ll find yourself in the mood for fall in no time!

Hi there! My name is Hailee, and I am currently a student at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. I hope you like my page!
Campus Correspondent. English Literature major, Digital Journalism minor and NYC based dancer/singer.