This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

It’s finally September, and we all know what that means! Back to college classes, but this semester, they look a bit different: Online classes through Zoom. Before the semester started, I collectively decided that I would make a set routine out of my daily schedule, even though I am at home. I have classes and/or meetings everyday of the week, so my routine is carried out Monday through Friday. With my routine, I feel more connected to the real world, and more in control of what I do because during this period of COVID-19, these have been some difficult feelings to have for not just me, but I know for everyone in some way, shape or form. I like to feel like I am actually going to school, and will see people in person, even though it’s only on Zoom. Throughout this quarantine I have felt very disconnected, having no routine that was ever temporary for the long period of time because my life kept being uprooted within the past 6 months, and will continue to be again at the end of this month because we are moving again, as we did in July coming from Germany to the US. But for now, while school has just started up, my routine consists of: 

• Wake up at 8:30 AM

• Get dressed (I like to wear a cute shirt and pants so I feel put together) 

• Do my hair and makeup

• Put in some earrings (I have a lot of cute ones, so it is fun to pick out cute pairs to wear each day) 

• Make some breakfast which consists of avocado toast and eggs, fruit salad, or cereal. It depends on what I feel like having that day. 

• Start my first meeting/class or only meeting/class of the day, depends on what day it is. 

• Between meetings or classes, I work on some homework, while I listen to some of my favorite music. 

• Classes and meetings are over in the evening, and by then, I am pretty tired so I just go eat some dinner and watch a movie with either my parents or my boyfriend through a FaceTime call. 

I enjoy my daily routine and even though I know I will have to create a new one within a   few weeks, that will be good for me too, because it keeps me busy and takes my mind off of all the negative things that occupy my mind these days.

Double Major in Digital Journalism & Cinema, Television & Emerging Media with a Minor in International Studies NYC I'm always asked where I'm from and my answer should just become "all over the place" because I have moved so many times.
Campus Correspondent. English Literature major, Digital Journalism minor and NYC based dancer/singer.