This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

It’s the holiday season! So because of this, many great new movies have either just hit theaters or will be soon. Here is a list of some movies that are sure to be hits that you need to check out this December!

Last Christmas – November 8

This cute holiday flick is sure to make you feel the Christmas spirit. Emilia Clarke shines as the movies lead and brings so much light to her role as you follow her on her journey to happiness. Henry Golding is also very endearing as the love interest. Be sure to bring your tissue!

Knives Out – November 27

This is one of the best movies of the year! With a star studded cast featuring Chris Evans, Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee Curtis and many others, it is no wonder it is a hit. Rotten Tomatoes has rated the movie a 96%. The plot is riveting and keeps you engaged at every twist and turn. The ending leaves you smiling because every detail is so thought out. One of the highlights of the movie is Chris Evans’ character, Ransom’s wardrobe. He’s in a white cable knit sweater, and the internet is going crazy over it.

Frozen 2 – November 27

If you haven’t seen Frozen 2 yet, what did you do over Thanksgiving break? The sequel to the hit 2013 movie follows the original gang of Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven as they embark to an enchanted island to find out the truths of Arendelle’s past and to save the kingdom. The new movie features great new songs including a Kristoff rock ballad.

Jumanji: The Next Level – December 13

The third movie (technically) in the Jumanji series, it follows the same group of students from “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” and some new editions as they are thrown back into the dangerous game of Jumanji. This time with new locations and new challenges. The cast features Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, and Karen Gillan. One of the best parts of the 2017 film was Jack Black’s portrayal of the social media obsessed high schooler, Bethany. This time we get to see all four of these actors take on different personalities. Johnson acting in a Danny Devito fashion is hilarious. Hopefully, this movie will live up to the hype of the 2017 film. If you are looking for what will most likely be the funniest movie of the holiday season, “Jumanji: The Next Level” is the way to go.

Bombshell – December 13

This is a revealing look inside the most powerful and controversial media empire of all time and the explosive story of the women who brought down the infamous man who created it. The movie stars Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, and Margot Robbie.

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker – December 20

The final movie in this new chapter of Star Wars movies following Rey, Finn, and Po is set to be something to see. With the power and knowledge of generations behind them, the final battle commences. With J.J. Abrams back at the helm, the movie is sure to be an epic conclusion.

Little Women – December 25

The classic novel has once again been reimaged into a film with an all star cast including Meryl Streep, Laura Dern, Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, and Timothee Chalamet. The story follows the March sisters living in Massachusetts. The trailers show the beautiful scenery and a stunny cinema piece.

Get your wallets ready because you will definitely have to check these films out!

Hannah is currently a student at Marymount Manhattan College. Whenever she has free time, you can catch her reading lots and lots of books, or bingeing yet another television show. She is a chocolate milk enthusiast and a self proclaimed theatre nerd. Enjoy her articles!