Madi McGuckin, ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Have you seen this cutie hanging around campus? No? That’s probably because she spends most of her time taking naps on the fifth floor of main. And we can’t blame her because those benches are more comfortable than our mattresses, given you’re tired enough (which lets be honest most of us typically are). Curious to find out more about this cutie? Read on for my Q and A with Madi McGuckin!

Tell us your name, age, year, and hometown.

Madisen Marie McGuckin. 19. Sophomore. Crown Point, Indiana.

How do you feel about being elected HCMMM’s Campus Cutie this week?

Well… Very flattered and surprised.

Major/Minor?

B.A. Theater major with a concentration in performance and digital media.

Why did you choose Marymount? What made you come back?

I really wanted to be in NYC and I had a lot of fun at my audition. The comm arts teachers made me want to stick around here.

What’s your favorite spot on campus?

5th floor Nugent benches.

Who is your celebrity crush?

I’ll give my top three because there is too many: Chris Pratt, Shawn Mendes, and all of One Direction.

If you could spend one day with your crush, what would you do?

I would wanna spend it with Chris and go on a nice bowling adventure, eating pizza, and sharing some laughs.

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I’ve broken my nose seven times, I used to be a cheerleader and I smacked my nose so much that it just kept braking.

On campus, where do you get your caffeine fix? Starbucks or the Cafe?

Starbucks.

What is your go-to drink at that place?

Caramel macchiato – iced or hot.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Being on SNL is the ultimate dream or making my own movies.

Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten?

Either in NYC or Los Angeles, still making videos on my own but traveling a lot. I plan to conquer the world. I hope I have a hubby and maybe a child and that were just living the life.

What advice do you have for freshman?

Don’t follow conformity, make your own path.

Favorites!

– Class you’ve taken: History of Rock Music with Prof. David Johnson

– Restaurant in NYC: Gotta go with the classic Shake Shack, I love a good milkshake – Park in NYC: Central Park, it’s pretty anytime of year

– Movie: “Titanic”

– Song: “Youth” by Troye Sivan

Anything else you want to add?

Check out my youtube channel! I love it when I get video suggestions, I tweet celebs a lot so follow my twitter @madimcguck

Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside