jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Jade Budowski ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Jade is the super cool girl you’ve probably seen wandering around the fifth floor of the Nugent building. She’s hilarious, quirky, and also one of the greatest people to know. Jade is a senior here at MMC, so get to know her soon because great things will come her way in the near future! Read more about Jade below.

Year/Major: Senior Communication Arts/Creative MediaHometown: Orlando, Florida

First of all, how do you feel about being HC MMM’s Campus Cutie this week?!It’s nice that my peers are FINALLY acknowledging my celebrity status. I kid, I kid. But it’s kinda rad, especially since I’ll be gone soon. (Graduated, not dead). 

What activities are you involved in here at MMC?I’m a third-year Resident Advisor at 55th Street, Online Managing Editor for The Monitor, and frequent inhabitant of the fifth floor Nugent (and harasser of Comm Arts professors).

Tell us a little bit about your current and past internships?I’ve interned at The Dr. Oz Show, Lionsgate, Decider.com, and I’m currently interning at Tribeca Film Center. They’ve all been crazy different, and I’ve learned a lot at every place. Tribeca is a warm and welcoming environment, and it’s about to get super exciting because the festival is coming up and I can’t wait to be in the midst of all those amazing filmmakers!

Do you have any advice for anybody hoping to score an awesome internship like yours?Don’t be afraid to ask around about opportunities, and do your own research – I’ve found mine through a combination of friends and a lot of Google searches. And once you’re there, take advantage of those connections! Smile at people and remember their names. It goes a long way.

What about any other advice for somebody juggling a busy schedule like yours?To-do lists are my saviors. I can’t stress it enough. Between interning, RAing, nannying, being a full-time student, writing for The Monitor and other sites, and much-needed me-time, things can get crazy. But lists make it all easier. Also, talk to your friends, get close with your professors, cry sometimes, and take naps. All are mutually beneficial.

Quick Questions:Best memory at MMC: Probably filming Webisodes in Maggie Hames’ class last year and some of the many wacky RA events I’ve been a part of over the last three years. Also, realizing that Comm Arts was what I wanted to do and receiving guidance from the amazingly kind and brilliant Peter Schaefer.Favorite Color: PurpleSong of the moment: “Nancy From Now On” by Father John MistyThree words that describe you: Goofy, caring, indecisive.Movie you could watch over and over: Jurassic Park.Go-to Starbucks order: Iced Vanilla Latte.Best class you’ve taken at MMC:  THIS IS TOO HARD. Probably American Auteurs or Screenplay Writing with Maggie Hames (the most wonderful human ever) or Culture & Politics of Nazi Germany with Tibor Farkas and Mark Ringer.Celebrity crush: Everyone gives me a hard time about liking older men and having too many crushes. But I really, really love Tom Hiddleston and Ed Norton. Also Zachary Levi is my ideal husband.

Victoria Piering, 22, studying Communication Arts: Creative Media Production with a minor in Photography at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC.  Can usually be found talking about boybands, Disney World, or dogs. Pop culture fan and an avid concert goer. Usually taking pictures for Sunset Spotlights or my epic wall collage. Class of 2016. @Vickyp94
Paige, originally from Nashville, TN, is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Communication Arts with a minor in Journalism. Paige has held internships at two PR firms, Decider.com, MTV News, and has been a Contributing Writer for USA Today College. She is currently interning at Decider.com for a second time. Maroon 5, movie going, reading, cupcakes, Pinterest, and NYC are some of her favorite things. Contact her at paigegawley@hercampus.com or visit her website,www.paigegawley.com.