I’m Here To Convince You To Watch ‘Riverdale’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

One show is taking over the minds of everyone who is anyone and that is Riverdale. If you don’t watch it, you’re probably reading this because everyone you know has been telling you to and you haven’t made up your mind yet. Either that, or you already watch it and you want your love for it reaffirmed. Lucky for you, both of you are in the right place. Sit back, relax, and see why so many people can’t get enough of Riverdale.

We’re all in it for the ensemble cast. Seriously, the characters are so good. Every single one of them is a blessing to us all.

Let’s talk about the leading ladies:

Betty—the perfect girl-next-door with a hidden dark side. Veronica—the vicious former Manhattan socialite now using her powers for good. They make up our favorite BFF duo that is B & V.

And the gentlemen:

Archie—the beloved redhead who is both jock and musician. Like a modern, more secure Troy Bolton. Jughead—the outsider and self-proclaimed weirdo with a rough family life. Their friendship is proof that the motto “opposites attract” applies to bromances too.

Then we have the couples:

Veronica + Archie

Betty + Jughead

Together they have just about the best double date potential there is.

Let’s not forget the supporting roles:

We’ve got the snarky and devious queen bee Cheryl…

The gay best friend Kevin…

And a trio of badass female musicians positioned to become the next Destiny’s Child. What more could you possibly want?

It all began with a murder as any good teen drama does. Cheryl Blossom and her twin brother, Jason, take a casual canoe ride in their pristine white outfits, but only one Blossom twin returns. Spooky, right?

The family drama is real. There isn’t a single family in Riverdale that doesn’t have some serious problems—past, present, and future. It’s the kind of family drama that gets kids sent away, estranged from their families, or killed.

The real gangs of Riverdale. While the main characters all live the life of privilege, the south side of town is home to a gang called the Southside Serpents who more than once seem to mingle with our favorite characters in some unexpected ways.

It got dark AF and has all its fans on the edge of their seats as season 2 gets underway. Season 1 was all fun and games compared to the seriously messed up stuff going on now. And, honestly, we couldn’t be more excited.

Live-tweeting every Wednesday will become your life source. The online community is obsessed with this show, which makes Twitter a very fun place for a Riverdale fan.

Low commitment, high reward. There’s only one season out on Netflix right now. If you set aside a day or so, you could be caught up by the next episode. Can you think of something better to do with your Saturday? Nope, didn’t think so.

So, what are you doing? GO WATCH IT NOW! There’s a million other reasons I could list, but all would just keep us both from watching Riverdale THIS VERY MINUTE! Go on your merry way and begin the best binge of your life. And know that we’re all wishing we could do it again for the first time because it’s just that good. 

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli