9 Keys To Living Your Best Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

There’s never a bad time to reflect and evaluate your life but I feel like this is coming at a good time given that so many people around me are about to finish their first year of college. Starting college and adjusting to a new life is going to be a little bumpy along the way no matter what and accepting that may be the first step to making the jump from adjusting to thriving.

Here are a few tips to keep in mind to help you truly live your best life and make the most out of this time in your life.

1. Keep a list of goals.

They can be little things you want to improve like making more time to practice a hobby or going to bed earlier, referring to a list will help you check on your progress and keep your sights clear.

2. Know what makes you happy.  

Knowing what makes you happy and what doesn’t is a key factor in deciding what you want more of in your life and what you need to cut out.

3. Know what you want and why.

Knowing exactly why you want something from life, like that dream job of yours, will not only help you get there but will help you realize who you are and why you were born to do it.

4. Know who you are and be just that.

I can’t stress how important it is to not waste time being anything but yourself because once you know who you are and can be unapologetically yourself, you’ll be glowing inside and out.  

5. Be confident.

Confidence is a hard thing to learn and definitely takes time to develop but having the kind of confidence to always be sure of yourself makes you unstoppable.  

6. Take care of yourself.

Don’t forget to put yourself and your mental and physical well-being first, and it’s okay to put other things on hold to do so.

7. Do what you need to do to reach your goals.

Don’t hold back waiting for others to catch up. Just do what you need to do for yourself but don’t compare yourself or be too critical of others either.

8. Check in on yourself.  

Sometimes the best thing you can do to make a change in your life is put everything on pause and start over and that’s completely okay.

9. If you don’t like something, change it.

Don’t suffer or put up with something you shouldn’t have to because there’s always a better option so no excuses!

It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the things your college years will throw at you but remember that this is the time to be focusing on yourself so take advantage of everything you have right now and no doubt you’ll find happiness and success.

Studying Fashion Marketing and Digital Journalism at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC in hopes of one day becoming a big time magazine editor.
Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli