Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Things to do with Your Significant Other this Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

New York City is a vast and mysterious place to be, there is something for everybody here.

While it may be full of possibilities, it can be daunting to try to find that one special thing to do on a special day like Valentine’s Day. Here are 5 ideas of things to do with your special someone this Valentine’s Day: 

Take a romantic stroll

New York City has so many parks, pick your favourite one, or one you’ve never been to and want to see. Take a romantic walk through the park with your special lady or man this Valentine’s Day. 

Make some reservations

While there is a different type of restaurant on every block, pick something new or something previously loved by you and your significant other and book a table for a romantic dinner. Some examples of places that are doing special dinner menus: Carbone in Greenwich Village, Cosme in Flatiron, Crown Shy in the Financial District, and Le Coucou in Little Italy.

Take a cruise!

There are cruises that pass by the Statue of Liberty and offer a romantic dinner, music and dancing onboard. Here’s an example of one you can book

See the stars

While you can’t necessarily see many stars in the New York sky, you can see them this Valentine’s Day at The American Museum of Natural History. In their Rose Center for Earth and Space, they’ll be offering an open bar, hors d’œuvres, chocolate and live music. Along with this idea, you can simply go to The MET, MoMA or Guggenheim for a love-filled art fix.

Go ice skating

While this may be seen as a Christmas activity, many rinks are still open and are perfect for some hand holding this Valentine’s Day. Go to Central Park, Bryant Park or Rockefeller Center.

Now that you know there’s more than just seeing a movie and getting pizza, although who doesn’t love that, you can have the best Valentine’s Day ever!

MMC second-year senior, Venus Rising Blog owner and fashion journalist with a focus on sustainability.