sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Quotes To Help You Through The Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Recently, I have found myself taking notice of quotes that I see outside store fronts, while scrolling through my social media, or even simply in books I have been reading. I started to write down all of the quotes that stuck out to me either in an inspirational or uplifting manner. Quotes can be accidentally inspirational or they can come from some of the brightest individuals in the world. No matter who the quotes I see come from that bring me joy, hope, or encourage me to strive to become the best version of myself in my life, I write them down. I do this so that I can look back on the quotes that deliver meaning to me. Nevertheless, here is a compilation of 10 quotes that help me get through my day.

1. “The more you believe it, the more it starts to become real for you. This is why it is so very important to believe in positive things, rather than negative things. Whatever you believe, you will find that you are correct. The universe has a way of presenting to you exactly what you believe.” – Anita Moorjani

2. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” – Neale Donald Walsch

3. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss

4. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

5. “Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go.” – Natalie Goldberg

6. “What we have to express is already with us, is us, so the work of creativity is not a matter of making the material come, but of unblocking the obstacles to its natural flow.” – Stephen Nachmanovitch

7. “It may be that when we no longer know what to do we have come to our real work and that when we no longer know which way to go we have begun our real journey.” – Wendell Berry

8. “I’m unapologetic not because I’m strong-willed or overconfident. I’m unapologetic because this is it: this is my life.” – Jean Seberg

9. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie

10. “Be confident, and just do it. It’s all about not questioning what everyone else is thinking, since they’re probably looking to others to know what is or isn’t cool.” – Zoe Kravitz

I currently attend Marymount Manhattan College as a fourth-year senior where I am pursuing a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Dance with a double concentration in Choreography and Modern and a Bachelors of the Arts in Business with a concentration in Media & Arts Management. While at Marymount Manhattan College, I have choreographed new dance works for Dancers at Work and screenPLAY through the Dance Department. In my choreographic endeavors, I utilize an abstract, multidisciplinary method which reveals opportunities for further analysis, stimulates thought-provoking questions, and encourages societal change-making. I am interested in utilizing both my knowledge of Dance and Arts Management to create an interdisciplinary performance arts entity upon graduating from Marymount Manhattan College.
Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside