Why I Could Never Diet: As Told by GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

A lot of us have tried dieting, myself included, but they often end when I catch sight of, smell, or talk about anything food-related. Honestly, life is too short to not let your body enjoy the beautiful flavors of your favorite foods. Here are ten GIFs that’ll get your mouth watering. Own it! No shame!

Pizza. Gooey, cheesy deliciousness. Must I say more?

Fries. Golden. Thick. Skinny. Stringy. Greasy. Salty. Seasoned. You can have them in so many ways, and they would never judge you.

Burgers. So many toppings and so many options for goodness.

Pasta. Carbohydrates are just a reason in themselves to never diet.

Grilled cheese. Surprise! More carbs and cheese. If I ever found out that I was lactose intolerant, I would have to revaluate my life.

Sushi. Not for the faint of heart, but so incredibly worth the risk.

Breakfast food. Pancakes, waffles, French toast, muffins, eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc. And the best thing about modern society? You can have breakfast at any time of the day you want. It’s embarrassing the frequency that my roommates and I go to Waffle House at odd hours of the night.

Cupcakes. Does watching cupcakes get frosted constitute as porn? I feel like it must.

Ice cream. This is a dish that is suitable for any occasion. It seems that every party has ice cream. I’m not complaining.

Chocolate. Chocolate deserves its own category. I have a theory that you can literally dip anything into chocolate and it will taste better. 

HC Contributer Mizzou