This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The day is finally here – something we have all hoped and prayed for.  

90s kids, clear your schedules of everything for October 5, 2015.

It’s our time to get back the shows we loved, with an all-new “90s channel!”

The new channel will be called “The Splat.” You can keep up with the new updates by following @thesplat on Twitter or simply by using #TheSplatIsComing.

I’m looking forward to every show the new channel has to offer, but the two I’m most excited about are “Rugrats” and “Are You Afraid of the Dark.” 

I don’t know if you all remember “Are You Afraid of the Dark.” Looking back, I can’t figure out why the intro scared me so much! Needless to say, this is probably where my intense fear of clowns started. So thank you, Nickelodeon.

According to this tweet:

Following this tweet, Twitter users lost their minds (and why wouldn’t they?!)

There are still some unanswered questions, like what the format will be and WHEN the channel will finally premiere.

According to CBNC, “Russell Hicks, president of content and development for the media company, revealed his interest in bringing back classic Nicktoons. ‘We are looking at our library to bring back ideas, shows that were loved, in a fresh new way,’ Hicks told Variety last month.”

Here is a full list of shows that will be featured on the channel:

All That

The Angry Beavers

Are You Afraid of the Dark

CatDog

Clarissa Explains It All

Hey, Arnold!

Hey, Dude

Keenan & Kel

The Ren & Stimpy Show

Legends of the Hidden Temple

Rocko’s Modern Life

Rugrats

Salute Your Shorts

The Wild Thornberrys

Hopefully, this all pans out, because fans (including me) are eagerly waiting!

From chicago, Illinois she's finding that being a cubs fan is a rarity. After changing her major a dozen times she's decided on Special Education and Psychology.Her hobbies include; working on her book(if she ever finishes it)crafting, playing her violin, religiously watching reruns of How I met Your Mother and loving Phi Lamb
HC Contributer Mizzou