Six Last Minute Halloween Costumes Guaranteed to Win Over the Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

1. Charlie Brown and/or Snoopy (Depending on if it’s a couple costume or not…) A playful twist to a cartoon classic. Head on over to Walmart or the nearest dollar store and get yourself a white longsleeve, white pants, and a white baseball cap. Grab a permanent marker and make some beagle spots. Want to try Charlie B. instead? Get a yellow shirt and draw the notorious zigzag. Complete with black shorts and a pair of Converse, and there you have it. 

2. Boo from “Monster’s Inc.” Relive a childhood favorite simply by sporting a pair of purple tights and a pink shirt. These items can most likely be purchased at any superstore such as Walmart or Target. If you cannot find the right hue of pink and purple, go with what you can find. People will still catch your drift. Also, don’t forget your converse once again (there is a theme going). 

3. Damian and/or Janice from “Mean Girls” Feeling particularly lazy? You go, Glen Coco, because we all understand. You and your bestie or other half can go as the classic Mean Girls outcast duo. I think what you need is pretty self-explanatory. Get out that ugly blue hoodie from the back of your closet and pick up a pair of outdated sunglasses. As for Janice, just wear the most gothic clothing that you have in your possession. 

4. Ty Beanie Baby® Have a pair of animal ears laying around your apartment? Meet your new costume. Pair your animal ears (probably tiger ears if you go to Mizzou) with a matching top and bottoms. Make a homemade tag, then give yourself a name and a birthday (this is important, of course).

5. 1989 Taylor Swift Get ready to channel your inner angst toward males and an impeccable attraction to media drama. It’s time to be T-Swift. Simply grab that staple striped t-shirt you already have and pair it with black leggings or slacks. Don’t forget circular Lennon-esque glasses and a black fedora. To top it all off, your polaroid frame cut-out. You can even write your birth year, just to be fun (i.e. 1997). All of a sudden, you’re a famous pop star. Simple, right?

6. Risky Business Girl Okay, maybe slightly cliche, but I know that you most likely have one of these oversized button downs in your wardrobe (after all, it’s a frat party favorite). You’ll be the hottest Joel Goodson at the party.

HC Contributer Mizzou