This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Instant ramen has been a staple item in the pantries of college students for ages, because it is a cheap, simple and delicious meal. With just a few simple additions, I can promise you that you will never make ramen the same.

Many people have been sharing their favorite ramen additions to TikTok, but the recipe from @_britclarke’s account will not disappoint. The viral video is a fan favorite with over 4.3 million views and 340,000 likes.

TikTok Ramen

Cook one package of ramen following the directions on the packet, but do not add the seasoning that it comes with. Strain when done.

In a separate saucepan add:

1 tablespoon butter

Splash of soy sauce

Heaping tablespoon of minced garlic

Dash of red pepper flakes or Slap Ya Mama’s Cajun Seasoning

¼ cup brown sugar (I would recommend cutting down or substituting for honey) Mix together and cook for 1 minute. Once combined into a sauce add your strained ramen noodles and mix. Add one egg and scramble with the noodles. Stir over the heat until the egg is cooked. Top with everything bagel seasoning and enjoy.  

I'm a journalism student with an emphasis in strategic communication at the University of Missouri. When not writing articles for Her Campus, my hobbies include playing ultimate frisbee and listening to Lil Uzi Vert.
Jordan Thornsberry is a student at the University of Missouri-Columbia, studying magazine journalism. In her free time, Jordan likes to travel, read and catch up on the latest celebrity drama. You can find more of her writing at jordantberry.com and on social media at @jordantberry.