Quick and Delicious Breakfast Ideas

We all know how scrambled and frazzled we are every morning as we get ready for a long day of tests, assignments, classes and meetings. Hitting snooze means we lose the chance to eat breakfast. We’ve been told a million times that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but who has the time? Well collegiettes™, try these quick and delicious breakfasts, and you’ll feel full, focused and healthy all day!

• Greek yogurt with strawberries and bananas in it
  • Whole-wheat toast with scrambled eggs and spinach plus your favorite cheese
  • Brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal with blueberries and raspberries
  • Wheat waffles spread with peanut butter and topped with banana slices and walnuts for a crunchy kick
  • Whole grain toast with cottage cheese and tomato slices, plus some basil and pepper to enhance the taste
  • Simple PB&J but on a whole-wheat English muffin
  • Breakfast bruschetta with scrambled eggs, a layer of nonfat cream cheese, cherry tomatoes and parsley on top
  • Mini whole-wheat waffles with chunks of mango and kiwi and drizzled with light syrup
  • Toast with hard boiled eggs and a side of grapefruit
  • Fruit salad of seasonal fruits plus a shot of lemon juice to really bring out the flavors
Allison Goldberg is a junior at the University of Missouri double majoring in strategic communication journalism with an emphasis in PR and marketing and psychology. In Columbia, she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha women's fraternity executive council and is a Rent the Runway campus rep. During her spare time you can find her shopping, spending time with her friends and family, running outside or reading a fashion magazine. Allison has interned at a social media firm, BCV Evolve in Chicago for the past two summers. She hopes to work for a fashion PR firm in Chicago or New York when she graduates and eventually travel to South America.