Quick and Delicious Breakfast Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

We all know how scrambled and frazzled we are every morning as we get ready for a long day of tests, assignments, classes and meetings. Hitting snooze means we lose the chance to eat breakfast. We’ve been told a million times that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but who has the time? Well collegiettes™, try these quick and delicious breakfasts, and you’ll feel full, focused and healthy all day!

• Greek yogurt with strawberries and bananas in it
  • Whole-wheat toast with scrambled eggs and spinach plus your favorite cheese
  • Brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal with blueberries and raspberries
  • Wheat waffles spread with peanut butter and topped with banana slices and walnuts for a crunchy kick
  • Whole grain toast with cottage cheese and tomato slices, plus some basil and pepper to enhance the taste
  • Simple PB&J but on a whole-wheat English muffin
  • Breakfast bruschetta with scrambled eggs, a layer of nonfat cream cheese, cherry tomatoes and parsley on top
  • Mini whole-wheat waffles with chunks of mango and kiwi and drizzled with light syrup
  • Toast with hard boiled eggs and a side of grapefruit
  • Fruit salad of seasonal fruits plus a shot of lemon juice to really bring out the flavors
Allison Goldberg is a junior at the University of Missouri double majoring in strategic communication journalism with an emphasis in PR and marketing and psychology. In Columbia, she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha women's fraternity executive council and is a Rent the Runway campus rep. During her spare time you can find her shopping, spending time with her friends and family, running outside or reading a fashion magazine. Allison has interned at a social media firm, BCV Evolve in Chicago for the past two summers. She hopes to work for a fashion PR firm in Chicago or New York when she graduates and eventually travel to South America.
Vanessa Meuir is senior majoring in magazine journalism and English. She was born in St. Louis, MO and raised in Columbia, MO where she now attends school. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus Mizzou, she works in Mizzou's athletics department and serves as a writing tutor for students on campus. She has gained most of her journalistic experience while writing and blogging for the Columbia Missourian, a local newspaper, and Vox magazine, a student-run campus magazine. She also gained some publishing experience while interning at The Missouri Review, a literary magazine. When Vanessa is not working or in class, she enjoys maintaining a personal blog that comments on reality television, spending time with her five roommates, reading and dabbling in amateur photography. Among her favorite things are diet coke, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Disney Channel and fuzzy socks.