This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

December is the best time for gift giving. Whether it is buying your Dad that Mizzou spatula he’s been drooling over or your best friend a Vera Bradley bag with the cutest print, giving the ultimate gift is the best feeling in the world.

But when it comes to making your own wish list to hand to those who love you, it can be difficult to pick between the “necessities,” like new towels or rain boots, and the “wants,” like a brand new car (yeah, right!)

Here is a list of some of the top things that I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing in my stocking, and they all come at a reasonable price.

1.     Final Cut Pro X Keyboard Cover from KB Covers, $29.95: For all of the journalists out there, I know this keyboard can be both a “want” and a “need.” While stylish and bright, it also serves a purpose — to make your Final Cut Pro X encounters easier by showing you the keyboard shortcuts.

2.     Solid Boyfriend Cardigan from Forever 21, $15.50: The entire Forever 21 store could be on this list, but if I had to pick just one essential I would love to have it would be this gorgeous cardi. It comes in multiple colors, it’s cheap and it would look awesome with leggings, jeans or a dress. Talk about getting the most for your money.

3.     Biddeford Comfort Knit Full Heated Blanket from Bed Bath and Beyond, $69.99: Now that temperatures are falling, even wearing layers to bed doesn’t seem to keep me warm at night. Although it can be somewhat expensive, a heating blanket is near the top of my list this year because I don’t want to live through another snowpocalypse without one!

4.     Hot Pink Credit Card Holder Slot Cover Case for iPhone from eBay, $6.11: Why not get a new case that serves two purposes? This case protects an iPhone, but it can also hold essentials such as your credit card, student ID or dorm swipe key. Plus, the color is absolutely adorable!

5.     Long Sleeve Mizzou Dress from Ketch the Spirit, $50: Everyone seems to own the adorable Victoria’s Secret Mizzou dresses, but why not go a little outside the box and ask for this unique dress? My favorite part by far has to be the bow belt. This dress screams Mizzou, but remains classy and fabulous.

6.     Ticketmaster Gift Card, $25-$250: Gift cards might seem to be boring gifts, but how about one that can get you in to see your favorite singer or sports team? I never knew that that Ticketmaster sold gift cards, but it turns out they do! Maybe now I can finally see Ke$ha make it rain with glitter.

7.     Ed Hardy Women’s Coffret Set from Dillard’s, $45: When you hear Ed Hardy you may think of skulls, but the designer’s fragrance line is quite delightful. This sampler set has three of the perfumes. I can never decide which scent is my favorite, so why not wear them all?

Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.